GMC Truck Forum banner

481 - 500 of 512 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #488
White truck just needs OEM taillights. Other than that both are looking great.
It definitely needed a GMFS clean up. The taillights, door handles, and it had some ricer headlights/billet grill. Then it’d be near perfect if those were addressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
Went ahead and paint matched my valve covers this weekend, I have all this extra time now since my college extended spring break/switched to online classes, this corona stuff is ridiculous.

Also my dad picked up this 70 c10 as another project. It’s got a mild built 383 with a 700r4. 3rd gear let go a couple days after we bought the truck. He wanted to LS swap it down the road and since that trans is toast we went ahead and picked up a 5.3/4l60e this weekend. I will be making a separate thread on the truck

And lastly check out the shaved intake I re worked on his 68 firebird. Did some better smoothening/body work on it and painted it gloss black

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
70 C10 LS Swap / Restoration

·
Registered
284 Posts
70 C10 LS Swap / Restoration

Link is not working for me

·
The great white Canadian
1,546 Posts
You could just search it in the new posts, it's not like it's on a different site.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
That shaved intake looks awesome

·
Registered
672 Posts
I'd like to see more pics of the Firebird. That is my dream car. My wife even wrote it into her wedding vows that she would understand when one shows up in the driveway.

Reactions: eand28

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #497
I'd like to see more pics of the Firebird. That is my dream car. My wife even wrote it into her wedding vows that she would understand when one shows up in the driveway.
I think I’ll just make a separate thread on it. I was supposed to when we were in the process of ls swapping it, just never got around to it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #498
Valve seals on my 317 heads are getting bad, so I found myself some 799’s on marketplace, also bought some BTR .660 titanium dual springs. Hoping to get them milled and then throw them on soon

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #499 (Edited)
Excuse the dirty engine bay. But I upgraded my cheap eBay cold air intake to this airaid one, got it for a great deal on eBay for $180, everywhere else they were $350+. Definitely cleans up the engine bay and I’m hoping it’ll help my IAT’s. I still need to get a NNBS intake cover, been slacking on that.

Also I installed a walbro 450 247 high pressure pump a few weeks ago. The fuel pump has been flaky ever since the wreck. Sometimes I would have to get under the truck and wiggle the connector to get the truck to fire up, or else the pump would have no power. It got to the point where it was super annoying, I could be in a drive thru and I would turn the truck off and try to fire it back up and I’d have nothing. Turns out one of the pins on the connector was bent. I threw in a whole new fuel pump assembly with the walbro 450. Currently it’s running on the stock wiring but I’m going to take it back out and install a racetronix hot wire kit. Lots of people say they’ve ran their 450 on stock wiring, but I don’t want to chance burning my truck to the ground.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #500
Went ahead and tinted my windshield this week. I went with 50 percent and I’m very happy with it, it isn’t too noticeable at all which I like and it’s just the right amount in my opinion. Also the truck finally has the 2 inch drop spindles now.

I also picked up this 95 Kawasaki 750sxi 2 weeks ago. I’m going to be painting it to match the truck soon, I’m excited

481 - 500 of 512 Posts