GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GMFS MEMBER
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys? i am lookin into baggin my truck ( 03 ecsb sierra). cant decide on what kit to go with in the rear. any input or advice would be cool. thanx

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
03sierra said:
sup guys? i am lookin into baggin my truck ( 03 ecsb sierra). cant decide on what kit to go with in the rear. any input or advice would be cool. thanx
I was going to go with the Airbar, but almost all the guys here have the KP Components 6-link and love it and say it rides great .. plus it's cheaper and it will get you more lift and go lower since the bag isnt over the axle.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Both are good quality kits. The thing about the Air Bar is that it was not designed to lay out and provides it's own notch making the installer modify several things before you can lay. The KP components cantilever kit does not provide a notch, but you can add a step notch to lay out. The KP also adds the capability of more lift.
From what I've heard about the air bar, both ride good (I would expect that from Air Ride Technologies).
The advantage about the Air Bar is that you have the capability to tow more than a stock truck can and the KP is limited to a stock towage capability.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Hey is my opinion. I don’t really care for the KP canti because all of them I have seen the bed are messed up on them. The gap between the bed and the cab are crooked and is a lot bigger then normal. I don’t know why this happens but I believe it has to do with that entire rear support of the truck is pretty much at the very back of the truck so the frame is able to flex a lot more cause the bed to look misaligned. To me that looks terrible. With my air bar that does not happen. Air Ride also put a lot of work and engineering into their setups.

·
Scooter
550 Posts
02Silverado said:
Hey is my opinion. I don’t really care for the KP canti because all of them I have seen the bed are messed up on them. The gap between the bed and the cab are crooked and is a lot bigger then normal. I don’t know why this happens but I believe it has to do with that entire rear support of the truck is pretty much at the very back of the truck so the frame is able to flex a lot more cause the bed to look misaligned. To me that looks terrible. With my air bar that does not happen. Air Ride also put a lot of work and engineering into their setups.
i agree with brandon i dont like using the cantilever just do F9000 behind the axle.. now what is the point of bagging your truck if you dont want to be low.. if you dont like that dont bag your truck.. isnt that the point of air suspension.. and ive seen the gaps along with brandon at car shows its funny every truck that had the KP setup had that nice gap!

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
02Silverado said:
Hey is my opinion. I don’t really care for the KP canti because all of them I have seen the bed are messed up on them. The gap between the bed and the cab are crooked and is a lot bigger then normal.
Hmm, never heard this, be looking forward to hear the replies, see the pictures.

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
With these shit-ass frames on these NBS trucks that gap is gonna happen more often than not. I would still choose the KP kit over the ART kit ANYDAY.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
02Silverado said:
mine seems to be normal....

werd to lowblue02... ART=overrated and overpriced. I don't see what the big deal is:read:

·
GMFS MEMBER
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i noticed that funny gap also. just didnt know what caused it. i've only noticed it on trucks that lay full frame not just crossmember. thanx for all of the feed back. now just got some thinkin do. hey brandon if you have not sold your truck in couple weeks would you mind if i cruised up to sacto checked it out? that thing is tight as hell. thanx guys. peace

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
03sierra said:
yeah i noticed that funny gap also. just didnt know what caused it. i've only noticed it on trucks that lay full frame not just crossmember. thanx for all of the feed back. now just got some thinkin do. hey brandon if you have not sold your truck in couple weeks would you mind if i cruised up to sacto checked it out? that thing is tight as hell. thanx guys. peace
Yeah no problem, just let me know when you are going to come.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts