GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Is this thing on?
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the ART front kit with arms, shocks, and firestone 224c's. I have a set of Re7's on the way. Will i need to change the shocks since the new bags will lift more? Or will i been fine with the ones i have now?

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
You will prob snap the art shocks I recommend new shock relocaters from KP for tube arms.....thats what Im runnin!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I dont think it would be a problem try it and if you need to look on monroe website and get a longer shock.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
I dont think it would be a problem try it and if you need to look on monroe website and get a longer shock.
The art shock mounts are crappy I know a few ppl who have snapped that mount with re-7's including myself!

·
Is this thing on?
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've welded the top mounts on instead of using the self tapers. I'm just wondering if the shock will extend far enough. I just went out an measured my fenders and I'm only getting 4.5" to 5" max lift right now.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The art shock mounts are crappy I know a few ppl who have snapped that mount with re-7's including myself!
Yeh because you drove it like that...pull out the shock get the collapsed and extended measurements then find a shock that matches it as close as possible...imo that would be much easier than redoing the mounts.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
If you do need shock part numbers, I have that exact setup. Im running napa sensatrac # 37243 thats 13" collapsed 21.5" extended

·
Is this thing on?
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The new bags are on, what a difference! I gained about 2" more lift. It looks like the shocks will work fine. Drove it around for a few miles and it rides much better now than with the firestones. ART should include the Slam's instead of the crappy firestones!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts