GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my upper ball joints are shot. I was wondering if the ART arms are really worth it or should i just go with stock arms again?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Being that they are designed and do eliminate binding they would be a better choice than stockers. Doesn't totally apply but I have ART LCA's on my dually and they were a great upgrade.

Cameron

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
this part number: UCA5007

list- $329
me- $295

basically I can go 10% off of list unless you want a whole lot of stuff, I can do 15%.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ive heard alot of great things about the art tubular control arms...i recommend them..im fixin to buy a pair myself due to some problems with the stock upper control arms

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
There is a guy on here, I think his name is badhabitman. He has arms that i think look alot stronger than Arts an there cheaper buy a few hundred.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I called bad habit today and within the next few weeks i'm going to order their control arms. I will let everyone know how well they work out. thanks for all the help

·
Registered
415 Posts
Both sets are a nice upgrade to an air system. I've never personally seen the BHC ones yet but have heard good things about them. ART arms I've installed several on the NBS trucks and sold even more. All those customers were extremely happy as well.
The choices are out there for you. Not sure if the BHC ones come bare metal or powdercoated. Might be something to consider though.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Hey Clint I snapped my shock mounts with my ART arms.....I was curious will the KP relocaters work better? Will they still rub the rims lock to lock? U gunna make it to the meeting this weekend?

·
Registered
415 Posts
We have a tubular lower control arm relocator kit that you can weld-on, and locate it so that the rims wount hit. Or we can also send you a threaded DOM bung that you could weld on as well. Same that we use on our S10 axle bracket shock mount or our fullsize cantilever upper shock mount.

Clint

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
ARt has better weld quality for a visual point of view. Im sure both arms will not come apart(cept for ARt shock mounts which have been fixed) but from a visual point of view, ART's weld is prettier.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
We have a tubular lower control arm relocator kit that you can weld-on, and locate it so that the rims wount hit. Or we can also send you a threaded DOM bung that you could weld on as well. Same that we use on our S10 axle bracket shock mount or our fullsize cantilever upper shock mount.

Clint
u will send me a bung? Which will work better for the ART arms? Recommended brotha to brotha? I need to get some shocks on the front again!

·
CaddyHack
574 Posts

Clint

Hey Clint,

Do you have a link to the weld on relocater kit for the ART arms? Id like to check them out since mine rub as well.

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
will the art or BHC lay out on 22's with out drop spindals....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts