GMC Truck Forum banner

ART cool ride install question

1113 9
ok, the stud screws into nut at the bottom of the cup, then goes through the stock shock hole, then you just put a washer and lock nut on it? there is nothing to locate it in the middle of the hole?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
9,822 Posts
Feed said:
ok, the stud screws into nut at the bottom of the cup, then goes through the stock shock hole, then you just put a washer and lock nut on it? there is nothing to locate it in the middle of the hole?
I would think the cup up in the spring pocket would take care of centering everything.
 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
13,771 Posts
Feed said:
ok, the stud screws into nut at the bottom of the cup, then goes through the stock shock hole, then you just put a washer and lock nut on it? there is nothing to locate it in the middle of the hole?
That is how i did it. Not sure if there is a way to center it or how much it matters. I think the most important thing is to make sure you have trimmed the spring cup enough so the bag doesn't rub. If you find a way to center it out i'd like to know so i can go check mine :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all right then...it just seemed sloppy and the instructions weren't that clear
thanks
 

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
9,822 Posts
Feed said:
all right then...it just seemed sloppy and the instructions weren't that clear
thanks
Too true, when we did mine the instructions were for a truck using stock A-Arms, and I had bought both the uppers and the lowers ... our worst nightmare was the upper shock bracket, instructions were vague, so we ended up modifing things a bit to make it work.

If I could say anything about Air Ride, they need to get their shit together and give better instructions with their kits! :read:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bcubed said:
If I could say anything about Air Ride, they need to get their shit together and give better instructions with their kits! :read:
:word:
i thought i was missing a page :crazy: not that you can't figure most of it out but there were a few things that could definatly use some clarification.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top