GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, the stud screws into nut at the bottom of the cup, then goes through the stock shock hole, then you just put a washer and lock nut on it? there is nothing to locate it in the middle of the hole?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Feed said:
ok, the stud screws into nut at the bottom of the cup, then goes through the stock shock hole, then you just put a washer and lock nut on it? there is nothing to locate it in the middle of the hole?
I would think the cup up in the spring pocket would take care of centering everything.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Feed said:
That is how i did it. Not sure if there is a way to center it or how much it matters. I think the most important thing is to make sure you have trimmed the spring cup enough so the bag doesn't rub. If you find a way to center it out i'd like to know so i can go check mine :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
yea i think thats just there to hold the cup upwards. Some people dont even run that and it holds fine i guess

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all right then...it just seemed sloppy and the instructions weren't that clear
thanks

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
The stud doesn't have to be centered to the hole, but make sure the bottom plate lines up good.....

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Feed said:
all right then...it just seemed sloppy and the instructions weren't that clear
thanks
Too true, when we did mine the instructions were for a truck using stock A-Arms, and I had bought both the uppers and the lowers ... our worst nightmare was the upper shock bracket, instructions were vague, so we ended up modifing things a bit to make it work.

If I could say anything about Air Ride, they need to get their shit together and give better instructions with their kits! :read:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bcubed said:
If I could say anything about Air Ride, they need to get their shit together and give better instructions with their kits! :read:
:word:
i thought i was missing a page :crazy: not that you can't figure most of it out but there were a few things that could definatly use some clarification.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts