GMC Truck Forum banner

801 - 820 of 827 Posts

·
Vendor
892 Posts
Just got my truck and it's got some marks on the hood that look like someone sprayed armor all on it or something... I would like to clean it up real nice and shinny since it's an 07 (black) any advice on a starter kit pref on the cheaper side?

Any pictures? Could be a lot of things. If its as simple as an oily tire shine was oversprayed onto the paint could be remedied with nothing more than a wipe down with alcohol.

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
My first guess was Thats clear starting to fail
But then again it does look greasy
I'd do a wash with dawn and see how that does
If nothing, clay bar, if nothing again, Polish

·
Vendor
892 Posts
Lmao I just did a meguires(sp) black wax by hand today started to rain right before I started to rub it out (<~~lol) so I pulled into the garage and finished so I'll see if it fixed it in the morning
Wax might give you a temporary solution, but wax doesn't "fix" anything... its a top coat.

What it looks like in the pick could be chemical etching of some kind.

Wash
Clay
Polish

Those 3 steps are gonna tell you a lot about what you're dealing with and should at the very least improve the look if not fix it entirely.

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
Wax isn't going to produce a certain shine
You need corrected
Polished and jeweled paint to get a "mirror finish"

·
Yuuuuuppppppp
1,055 Posts

·
professional grade
4,078 Posts
It's an all around good machine, if it were me if buy the griots da just because it has a little mo powa and feels better in your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Roll Tide
868 Posts
It's an all around good machine, if it were me if buy the griots da just because it has a little mo powa and feels better in your hands.

x2. I just got the griots DA and love it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have waterstains on my headliner from where my third brake light was leaking, is there anything I can use to remove them safely?

·
Yuuuuuppppppp
1,055 Posts

·
Roll Tide
868 Posts
thanks guys..buy it new? place to purchase you recommend? the 6" version correct?
I bought it new on a lightning deal on amazon. I got an insane deal. And yes, the 6" DA

·
Registered
10,508 Posts

Just got this as well, I need to bust it out I'm just lazy as fuck.

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
I have waterstains on my headliner from where my third brake light was leaking, is there anything I can use to remove them safely?

Try folex

·
Yuuuuuppppppp
1,055 Posts
I bought it new on a lightning deal on amazon. I got an insane deal. And yes, the 6" DA
cheapest ive found the 10" cord version is brand new from Autoanything for about $112 shipped brand new.

·
Roll Tide
868 Posts
cheapest ive found the 10" cord version is brand new from Autoanything for about $112 shipped brand new.
I got the 25 foot version for $52 on the lightning deal :favorites37:

·
Yuuuuuppppppp
1,055 Posts

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
Ive got some questions. Recently a state road here was torn down to dirt and kept that way for three weeks, I drove over it twice a day, maybe 2-3 miles of dirt. They sprayed calcium on it to keep the dust down and somehow I got calcium spray all over my truck. The paint/wheels etc has a foggy haze over it that washing doesn't touch. What should I use to remove this? Also what can I use to remover wax residue off of plastic and spray on bed liner? Thanks

801 - 820 of 827 Posts