GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you slow down the engine accessories will affect the performance of you a/c. Here in Arizona we use the a/c allots. Is there any body here AZ that has this pulley kit? Is there any site that has them cheaper than $224.00?

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
WTF AZ? bobby? I am lost the Pulleys will not fuck up any thing!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you slow down the engine accessories will affect the performance of you a/c. Here in Arizona we use the a/c allots. Is there any body here AZ that has this pulley kit? Is there any site that has them cheaper than $224.00?
Sorry for the typo.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
No A/C issues with them.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
what about if you are drawing a big load from your alt (big amp, extra lights, etc), any worries there?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
what about if you are drawing a big load from your alt (big amp, extra lights, etc), any worries there?

There is an Overdrive alt pulley to get idle charge back. If you need more, source out a 130A or 145A.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
does the overdive alt pulley come in the kit or additional charge?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Depends where you buy the set from.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
should i try to see if i can get away without using the overdrive alt pulley or could i hurt something not using it if i know i will be drawing a decent load. I have a 1500-2500 watt amp

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have a set that I bought off of Hitman but they wont work with the radix kit. If you are intersted in buying them shoot me a pm or something.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
You'll want the OD pulley, otherwise you'll have charging issues at idle.

A 130-145A alt upgrade (OEM GM) and the OD pulley should charge perfectly fine, even with a 25% under crank.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
do pulley's affect gas mileage at all whether it be positive or negative effects? Also, I've been looking into their gains..is it safe to say 5rwhp?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
do pulley's affect gas mileage at all whether it be positive or negative effects? Also, I've been looking into their gains..is it safe to say 5rwhp?

11-12rw has been seen often.

Eh, I wouldn't expect to gain much... but you won't lose anything. Motor is more efficient.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
any idea on the part#'s for both pullies?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
540120 - OD alt pulley
549900 - 25% under crank

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
whats it take to install both? are any other parts needed to be bought or just the pullies themselves?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts