GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
5.5MPG!!!!!!!All Day Long
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my piston slap is gone

some of u know how bad my engine clattering problem was. i had the most severe case of what was diagnosed as piston slap and told it was normal. gm even gave me 100k warranty on my motor. if u read the other thread abt my throttle response problem it said they put in a new torque converter. although, it didnt fix the throttle response, my motor is silent as a church mouse now. gm diagnosed my problem wrong and then ended up fixing the problem without even knowing it. i will be asking them y they jumped to conclusions like that tho. for everyone who has this problem or thinks they might, check the bolts on the t/c just in case.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Glad to hear they fixed it, I'd definatly write a letter asking how something like this was mis-diagnosed. Piston slap has very specific characteristics. Those are two totally different things, like the correlation between the two is nothing.

THink about it this way, other than some hassle you got a free warranty.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
jebx said:
GM said it was piston slap, but it was mis-diagnosed. Sounds like it was loose torque converter/flywheel bolts actually.
i see, not surprised. where are they finding these service techs?

·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hovisimo said:
i see, not surprised. where are they finding these service techs?

K-mart............but i still want my throttle response corrected...lol

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Damn and the k-mart here before it went under had the SHITIEST checkers - they took for freaking ever.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
damn mark! im glad that problem is corrected. that shit sounded terrible! hope they get the rest fixed. :head:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
You would think w/ as many trucks as they have go through thier shops, and with some teaching, they could have figured it out the first time...glad to hear its quiet now, but that throttle problem is still a lil wierd...and like others have said, i would think its a timing problem or a prob w/ the pcm...

·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RedneckDude said:
You would think w/ as many trucks as they have go through thier shops, and with some teaching, they could have figured it out the first time...glad to hear its quiet now, but that throttle problem is still a lil wierd...and like others have said, i would think its a timing problem or a prob w/ the pcm...
thats what we think at my shop also

i have to call gm customer service on monday to ask them if it is possible to try a pcm w/o me being financially responsible........hell.....they've thrown everything else at it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts