GMC Truck Forum banner

Attitude overhead mount no worky

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  jonyb 
#1 ·
I just received the Juice/Attitude, and in a separate shipment got the billet overhead mount for the Attitude. The controller doesn't fit. I really don't want to have to cut this thing out. It kind of defeats the purpose of "EASY 15 MIN INSTALLATION. JUST POP IT IN AND THATS THAT "

At least that's what they claimed in the ebay auction...

Discuss

See less See more
#5 ·
youve got to take the attitude apart which means the warranty is void, and put the mount between the 2 attitude pieces and screw it back together, i had to get slightly longer screws. ive got one just like yours in mine just without the switches. you got to take the black part of the overhead too. the notch for my wire was in the wrong place too. good luck

#6 ·
I did that today. They sent me one that angles the controller out, and it looks like sh!t. In the process of taking it apart, I had to cut a little piece out that lined it all up, and when I did, I broke a piece off the circuit board. I resoldered it back on and everything works fine. Warranty is definitely void now.

#10 ·
I didn't hack the mount. I had to hack the inside housing of the controller.

All the pics I've ever seen of the mounts had the controller mounted flush, not angled. That's what threw me off from the start. It looks like it's gonna fall out on one side. I'll get some pics in a few days of it.

#13 ·
you can't just try to stick it in there. you have to take the monitor apart then sandwich it in there.

and also it won't void your warranty. i've sent a few of them back to edge after taking them out of the mount and they always warranty them.

an also the flush mount one does look a little better but it is hard to see.

where did you get it from??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.