GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I been looking at getting a 5.3L for my project truck, and putting on the gm parts manifold that converts it to carb. I called the local dealership today and they said that the manifold wont work on the 5.3 but works on the ls1's....so whats the difference that would cause this?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I dont see why it would not work, Ive been considering going this route with a 4.8L for my s10 just to give my daily a little more power.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Itll work. That guys retarded. Whats wrong with the Edelbrock carb conversion setup???

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found it, thank you.

Instead of making a new thread...what manual tranny would work well behind a 5.3 in a RCSB '52 chevy truck? I'd rather not drop the cash for a T56, bit it seems thats the only one that will hold up...

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
I found it, thank you.

Instead of making a new thread...what manual tranny would work well behind a 5.3 in a RCSB '52 chevy truck? I'd rather not drop the cash for a T56, bit it seems thats the only one that will hold up...

Uh... You could use an NV3500 with a good clutch... Or an NV4500 using a kit that Advance Adapters makes.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Im just going with a NV3500 truck trans since its my daily. Dustin, you got a link to that edelbrock setup? And actually if you look around you can pick up a t56 for a decent price, I pick up mine with clutch, flywheel, and everything I needed to swap into my car for only 900

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, if you can keep your eyes out for me for a t56 I'd appreciate it...thats the tranny I really want to run, and I think I might just keep looking till I find one.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Yea Ill keep a look out, i sit on ls1tech and such all day since im in school again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts