GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here's the story, for basically the entire time I've owned my truck I've had an issue with my heater not getting hot enough. And I know the cause....when I was installing my nav unit, the chime module of the OS-4 wiring harness fell off behind the radio and I'm assuming its lodged itself blocking the heater blend door (I'm probably not calling it the right thing) but anyway my trucks heater really only gets "warm" (and I have no chimes or turn signal "clicks") I've taken the Nav unit out and tried to look around in there but I can't see the damn thing. Where should I be looking? Any tips/tricks on taking just enough or even a bit more than I'd need apart to get to that chime module and fix my heat issue? Or should I just take it into the dealer and spend the $$ for my sanity? Thanks :shake:

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,479 Posts
im gonna assume your sausage fingers are too massive to get it out
Convince wifeh to dig around there a bit

goodluck lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Lmao..perfect answer! ^^^^
But, I'd keep looking for the problem.. Dealer is gonna stick it to u hard on working in the dashboard

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im gonna assume your sausage fingers are too massive to get it out
Convince wifeh to dig around there a bit

goodluck lol
Haha no thanks, I don't want her making the problem worse :imo

and if I could see it and where its stuck I'd make sure to get it out :lol:

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts
OK here's the story, for basically the entire time I've owned my truck I've had an issue with my heater not getting hot enough. And I know the cause....when I was installing my nav unit, the chime module of the OS-4 wiring harness fell off behind the radio and I'm assuming its lodged itself blocking the heater blend door (I'm probably not calling it the right thing) but anyway my trucks heater really only gets "warm" (and I have no chimes or turn signal "clicks") I've taken the Nav unit out and tried to look around in there but I can't see the damn thing. Where should I be looking? Any tips/tricks on taking just enough or even a bit more than I'd need apart to get to that chime module and fix my heat issue? Or should I just take it into the dealer and spend the $$ for my sanity? Thanks :shake:
you should be able to take apart 80% of the dash center behind the radio and get to the heater tubes. It all comes apart with an 8mm and some pulling. I'd try it first then take it to a dealer worst case.

Do you have a long magnet and/mirror?

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you should be able to take apart 80% of the dash center behind the radio and get to the heater tubes. It all comes apart with an 8mm and some pulling. I'd try it first then take it to a dealer worst case.

Do you have a long magnet and/mirror?
Yeah, I have a long magnet, but not a mirror....I guess I'm more worried about breaking something while trying to pull it apart and then having rattles, because my trucks starting to get some rattles and its irritating me :lol:

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts
Yeah, I have a long magnet, but not a mirror....I guess I'm more worried about breaking something while trying to pull it apart and then having rattles, because my trucks starting to get some rattles and its irritating me :lol:
worst case just make sure you have some double stick felt. Thats where/why it rattles. Im sure ACE has some

1 - 8 of 8 Posts