GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the pioneer z110bt installed in my 09 Sierra, using pac 0s-4 module. Problem im Getting is that, as soon as my truck switches from day mode to night mode (when the lights automatically go on if its dark outside or vice versa.... my sound and subs will completely cut out... the deck is still on and it works ... but the sounds is like muted... i tried everything battery pulls, checking wiring, im not sure what the problem is anyone have any ideas? nothing seems to fix it..

sometimes if i turn the subs off then on, in setting ill get some sound, buts its really low end.... and the subs barely power...

if i start the truck at night and lights are on its fine same with morning.... it only happens when it automatically changes itself when im driving or truck is started.

thanks

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
i have the pioneer z110bt installed in my 09 Sierra, using pac 0s-4 module. Problem im Getting is that, as soon as my truck switches from day mode to night mode (when the lights automatically go on if its dark outside or vice versa.... my sound and subs will completely cut out... the deck is still on and it works ... but the sounds is like muted... i tried everything battery pulls, checking wiring, im not sure what the problem is anyone have any ideas? nothing seems to fix it..

sometimes if i turn the subs off then on, in setting ill get some sound, buts its really low end.... and the subs barely power...

if i start the truck at night and lights are on its fine same with morning.... it only happens when it automatically changes itself when im driving or truck is started.

thanks
What is your orange and/or orange with white stripe wires connected to?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The orange white wire is connected to the Orange wire in the pac os4, pax support told me to check this also jsut did and it seems right

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so after some testing it seems like the problem is with my HIDS, when i unplug them, and attempt to recreate the situation it doesnt happen, not sure what this means, but maybe a relay will fix it?

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
so after some testing it seems like the problem is with my HIDS, when i unplug them, and attempt to recreate the situation it doesnt happen, not sure what this means, but maybe a relay will fix it?
I'd look into the relay option, yes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm sure it's completely unrelated, but FWIW when my HID's come on, the FM signal on my radio completely drops. I bought my HID's from SpencersHID's, which I thought were good, but was told by other people that my ballasts are junk and causing the problem.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SO i installed the relay, and it did nothing, im still losing sound to my deck. it could be the HIDS, not sure, but when it cuts out... my ipod music will play only, but onyl from certain speakers at a low volume, and my subs barely move like theres barely any power going to them i dont know waht to do

·
Vatican Assassin Warlock
86 Posts
I've been having the same problem with my truck. Kenwood headunit, my ipod disconnects as soon as the hids come on.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump... to see if anyone has maybe resolved this issue yet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts