GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good sites or places they know of that you can get quality products for wholesale or at a very cheap price?

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
what are you looking for? i usually use google. type in the product name/ model number. just start clicking links till you find the lowest price. then i go to Sounddomain.com and have them 105% pricematch it...

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking for an Alpine, Kenwood or Pioneer set of 6 1/2" speakers for the doors and a 12" sub and an amp to run it off of. Thinking about running the 6 and halfs without an amp and running the single sub with a 1000 watt amp or so with a bass control knob and have the sub be bass beats only

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also what type of amp should I be looking for if I am only running a single 12 off of it? 2 channel? Help me out a bit here with that info

·
Registered
77 Posts
mono

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
class d mono

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
I'd reccomend components over regular speakers.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Thinking about running the 6 and halfs without an amp and running the single sub with a 1000 watt amp or so with a bass control knob and have the sub be bass beats only
what else is the sub gonna do, vocals?

Anyways, I'll tell you right now, to get an ACTUAL 1000 watts and something that requires it, isnt going to be cheap. On top of that, your cheap 6.5" speakers you plan on buying will be a waste if you actually want that much bass, I really dont picture you hearing much of anything but bass.

So either...
A. Back off on the bass a hair
B. Buy GOOD speakers and amp them.

:imo

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
you're gonna want an amp for those components. Stock deck does what, 13 watts a channel on a good day? After market does like 20? If you really want 1000 watts on a sub, and dont want to amp your components, all you're going to hear is bass.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
I'd hope the sub didn't do anythng but bass anyways....

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
Kyle, you may wanna read up on stereos before you jump into it...

all the sub does is bass.

i have my RF 4x6" pos speakers running on 200 watts. the keep up really well with my L7 at 1000watts, but if i ever wanted to give my sub more then 1000watts i would need to upgrade to some real speakers and add some more power.

do you know what you want your stereo to sound like? what kinda music do you listen to? do you want to feel the music only, do you what to have ear piercing vocals, combination of both?

dont build your system based on name brands per-say, do it based on the results they will yield.

·
Registered
547 Posts
If you live in tracy go to the place across the street from Custom Sounds... I dont remember the name but they are affiliated with Pacific Stereo which sells everything at 10% above cost.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts