GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Im new to all of the audio buisness. This is my first truck and I am deciding on what system I want to install in my 1998 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab. The problem is, is that I don't know what audio setup to go with. I've looked at Rockford Fosgate, Alpine, Kenwood and Sundown. But Its all still confusing to me. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a good sound system to install. I'm not looking to be heard by my neighbors down the street. But I want my audio to sound nice and crisp.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Just get a decent head unit from a reputable brand. The base models aren't that hot but spend about 200 on a regular nice radio. I'd say look into alpine type s or r door speakers and a couple of Sundown ev8's with a sundown 125.2. If your bass is still too much go with a decent four channel. I have good experiences with alpine four channels

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
goals, hopes, dreams?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Find a pretty good head unit and some decent coax's and then re-evaluate if you like it or not..

If you know you want very good sound quality, go ahead and go with components and a clean amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts