GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to do a system for my truck but I dont know what all to order because Ive never done this before. Ive searched and I still havent found anything. I want to have Infinity door speakers in the front and back, a Pioneer avh-4100 headunit, and either 2 10's or 1 12' RF sub. I just need to know how much to order, what size fittings, and other things that might be helpful.

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
I want to have Infinity door speakers in the front and back,
Waste of money IMO on the back speakers, you cannot tell unless it is indeed a quad cab, more info on the truck would be nice: NBS? NNBS? ext cab? crew cab?

·
MAG Autoworks
286 Posts
Waste of money IMO on the back speakers, you cannot tell unless it is indeed a quad cab, more info on the truck would be nice: NBS? NNBS? ext cab? crew cab?
yeah i would not waste money on rear speakers if i didnt have a crew cab

·
MAG Autoworks
286 Posts
we werent saying they were a waste of money we are saying that having speakers in the rear doors depends on the application if its a waste or not

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
we werent saying they were a waste of money we are saying that having speakers in the rear doors depends on the application if its a waste or not
:word: just trying to help not saying one is better than the other YET

Although matt has a good setup with those focals, need me to take them off your hands?

·
MAG Autoworks
286 Posts
no i like them much

liqiud i have rear speakers for my middle row passengers that is what i mean by it depends on ur application, although u can hear the front just as well i did alot of it for looks anyway
get back to us on what setup u have truck wise and we can be of more detailed help

·
MAG Autoworks
286 Posts
personally i would get rear speakers put the money to better componets in the front , im guessing ur going with a underseat box, id go with a 12 u will get close to the proper airspace for it

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
I disagree. I have them and have unhooked them and its a good difference. Without them, it sounds empty only hearing the fronts, but Im not an audio expert.

·
MAG Autoworks
286 Posts
it also depends on the application some componet systems can capture full range sound very well

·
Registered
612 Posts
I disagree. I have them and have unhooked them and its a good difference. Without them, it sounds empty only hearing the fronts, but Im not an audio expert.
I think he will still be using the stock rear speakers. I believe they are just telling him to keep the rear stock and get a good set for the front.

·
MAG Autoworks
286 Posts
Exactly! Thank you...
yeah u stilll need rear fill but dont waste money on better rears when YOU will be hearing most of ur sound come from the fronts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright thanks for all the help guys. I am now getting ready to order my pioneer headunit and I want to make sure I get all the needed supplies to install it and have it fully functional. So other than the unit what do I need to order to have it properly installed?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and another probably stupid question, could I buy a subthump box for a single 10 and just cut the hole to make it fit a 12" sub? would it mess up the box or not? If I cant do that is there a single 12" sub box to fit under the seat of a NNBS extended cab? I can only find dual 12" boxes and single 10" boxes. Please help with this, thanks!

·
S-Marts Top of the Line
191 Posts
omg....do no such thing. never cut a 10 box to fit a 12, it will rape the air space, and considering the mounting depth, you probably couldn't fit a 12 in there anyway.

take the truck to a local shop, and get them to build you a 12" box this way you can be sure to have things right.

personal installs are really easy to screw something up, and your not really saving any money ordering a box online. (online generic box = $125-$250, custom box by a local shop will probably cost the same and be right air space for your sub)

just remember, having a awesome sub is only about 25% of the battle. A box and amp is what makes the system.

half the installs i see around here with 12s and 15s cramped up...I could take one 10 install it right and knock those 12s and 15s without a problem

1 - 20 of 23 Posts