GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I doubt anyone has ment to do this before but I bought my 99 z71(nbs) from a friend for almost nothing. problem was he like to drink and 4X4... so the body was in less then perfect shape. its just my backup truck while the project is finished. Anyways enough back story, I ran into someone parting out a non power everything 2000 Silverado and he ended up giving me both his doors. I installed them no problem but when I went to turn the truck off and go inside the radio never turned off... Anyone have any input on this situation? I know its random but I like having 2 working doors with 2 working windows, manual or not. Just cant be jumping the truck whenever I need it.

thanks

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
yea, this happened to me when i was changing my door handles... apparently if you dont have the window switches plugged in then the radio continues to play when the truck is off.. as soon as you plug them back in, the radio shuts off.... i couldn't tell you why, maybe someone else can..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So im gonna have to put the old wiring into the new door... simplicity just went out the door lol. That was the answer I wanted but its going to have to do I guess... Unless someone smarter then me has a jumper solution or something that can bypass this...

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
umm yea, run your window switch wires back into your cab, hookup the window switch and place it in a hidden spot...
do you have any smart ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so for 1 I wish google was half of what it used to be... that would've cut my time in half but I found the rap fuse #1(50 amp) under the hood controls the whole situation. I went through and pulled every relay and fuse involved and tried every combination to get it to work. It was either radio all the time or none... but its the fuse under the hood. Now its just like my 91 lol, but no lights inside when doors open.... only flaw ive found. but hey both my doors open and both my windows open and I have a radio and battery works perfect. Thanks for your help 18 wheeler, and your truck looks nice, im jealous!!

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Lol thanks.. was going to say pull a fuse but I wasn't sure if 1 fuse ran all the electronics in the cab or not.. should be a separate fuse for interior lighting if you left that one in maybe your lights would comeback on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts