GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my autocal I bought from you guys new to tune my 2013. I'm being asked by a potential buyer if it is vin locked and if a new license would have to be purchased in order to use it. Can you give me any information on that? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Denali Pride
4 Posts
I'm selling my autocal I bought from you guys new to tune my 2013. I'm being asked by a potential buyer if it is vin locked and if a new license would have to be purchased in order to use it. Can you give me any information on that? Thank you

You can sell your autocal but the new owner will need to purchase a new license and then tuning from Autocal. If the buyer wants to use another company for tuning then blackbear would have to unlock it for you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,075 Posts

Hello, The AutoCal is linked to our hardware, but we can unlink it. They can use it to tune other GM vehicles they would just need to purchase the tune and license.

You can sell your autocal but the new owner will need to purchase a new license and then tuning from Autocal. If the buyer wants to use another company for tuning then blackbear would have to unlock it for you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Correct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts