GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K..my 99 Sierra..Loaded... Automatically locks the doors when I drive over 10km/h or something....which is great.

However..when I turn the truck off the dam things still stay locked!! its really annoying...My dads 04 automatically locks and unlocks...Can I reprogram mine to do the same?

·
Registered
248 Posts
DOnt know about 99's but your dad may also have steering wheel controls as I do on my 06 and I believe you can hit the "i" button and set that feature for your doors to lock in drive and unlock in park. I know you can change alot of other settings with that. I do not know if 99's had that function or not.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
K..my 99 Sierra..Loaded... Automatically locks the doors when I drive over 10km/h or something....which is great.

However..when I turn the truck off the dam things still stay locked!! its really annoying...My dads 04 automatically locks and unlocks...Can I reprogram mine to do the same?
Look in your owner's manual. You can program them using the lock button and turning the key on and off. Sorry i cant give you more specific directions.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Programmable Unlocking Feature

The following is the list of available programming options:

Mode 1: Driver’s door unlocks when the transmission is shifted into PARK (P), for automatic transmission vehicles only.

Mode 2: All doors unlock when the transmission is shifted into PARK (P), for automatic transmission vehicles only. This is the mode that is pre-programmed in the factory for your vehicle.

Mode 3: All doors unlock when the key is removed from the ignition. This is the mode that is pre-programmed in the factory for manual transmission vehicles.

Mode 4: No automatic door unlock.

The following instructions tell you how to change the automatic door unlock mode (automatic transmission only). Choose one of the four programming options listed above before entering the program mode. To enter the program mode, do the following:

1. Begin with the ignition off. Then pull the turn signal/multifunction lever toward you and hold it there while you perform the next step.

2. Turn the key to RUN and LOCK twice. Then, with the key in LOCK, release the turn signal/multifunction lever. Once you do this, the doors will lock and unlock, the horn will chirp twice, and a 30-second timer will begin. You are now ready to program the automatic door unlock feature.

3. Press the door unlock switch once. You will hear one, two, three, or four chimes. The number of chimes tells you which unlock mode is currently selected. Continue to press the door unlock switch until the number of chimes that you hear matches the number of the mode that you want. If you take longer than 30 seconds, the locks will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you have left the program mode. If this occurs, you can repeat the procedure beginning with Step 1 to re-enter the programming mode.

You can exit the program mode any time by turning the ignition to RUN. The doors will automatically lock and unlock and the horn will chirp twice to indicate that you are leaving the program mode. If the lock/unlock switches are not pressed while in the programming mode, the current automatic settings will not be modified.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dang...it doestn seem to work with my truck. I jsut programmed in a new remote, but still no luck with changing the door look programs...possibly cause its a 99?

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
^ yeah i dont think we can do that method with our trucks or so i was told

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
:jester:
guys, the 99 and early 00 trucks arent capable of this. a few years back a company made a module that you could wire into the truck and it would allow for the locks to unlock, however, that company went out of business last i heard. sorry!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
cant you go to the dealership and have them just turn the lock feature off?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts