GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
YAH BITCH
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 Sierra has the automatic light feature.. is there a way to disable this option? I know pressing the park brake in a little while allow them not to turn on but the annoying chime from the brake is very annoying. I'm wanting to run just my bumper lights instead of headlights automatically turning on in the garage, under a bridge, etc.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
You mean you don't like the headlights on during the day?

Search for threads started by me, I did a write up for the NNBS trucks, procedure should be the same IIRC. :think: just a 1000 ohm resistor wires across the 2 wires going to the light sensor on the dash.

·
YAH BITCH
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it doesn't have the daytime running lights. My lights automatically cut on in the evening when they are not necessary.. Idk if a fuse can be pulled etc.

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
That is what he said. :read:

You take a 1k ohm resistor and wire/solder it into the wires for your ambient light sensor on your dash board and they will not automatically come on anymore.

·
YAH BITCH
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhhhhh lol sorry. I'm kinda dumb when it comes to all of the electrical stuff. Can one of these be picked up at RadioShack or somewhere alike?

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Im prety sure all you have to do is like press the dome like 4 times over ride 4 times or something like that, its in your manual

·
YAH BITCH
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is nothing in my owner's manual about overriding the automatic lights. But I'm gonna do the mod anyway to save my ballasts for HID's. I have my ballasts straight wired into my low beam harness wires. Is this safe?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts