GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ASU
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 NNBS Sierra SLT Z71. Anyone know if this specific model has autoride? Thanks

·
SKY HIGH CUSTOMS
153 Posts
I thinks thats what hes talking about! I wish i had autoride!!!!!!!!!!! Then i could just sit back and drink a cold one.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have a 2007 NNBS Sierra SLT Z71. Anyone know if this specific model has autoride? Thanks
I have never seen autoride on anything but a suburban, but I could be mistaken with the NNBS. My dad's 2 suburbans both have had it. Autoride is a system of self adjusting air shocks, it is actually pretty nice, rides like a caddy.

·
35's > MPG
460 Posts
I have never seen autoride on anything but a suburban, but I could be mistaken with the NNBS. My dad's 2 suburbans both have had it. Autoride is a system of self adjusting air shocks, it is actually pretty nice, rides like a caddy.
rides great, just hope like hell you don't still own the truck when it comes time to replace the shocks. From what i've heard, they are STUPID expensive. :nono:

·
Registered
287 Posts
rides great, just hope like hell you don't still own the truck when it comes time to replace the shocks. From what i've heard, they are STUPID expensive. :nono:
I don't know anything about replacing them, he never keeps a truck for very long though, nor does he run high mileage. His 01 had 66,000 when he traded it in recently. I have seen that they're like 300 dollars each or something, but I don't think he's too concerned about that, he likes the ride haha.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try more like $600-$800 a piece for those bad boys.

·
meow
15,747 Posts
Didn't know of any trucks having them (maybe denali line?). But suburbans (and maybe avys?) had them. Really spendy to replace as already posted above.

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
I am almost postives only Suburban 's, Yukon XL's have it. My dad sold a autoride unit off a wrecked Suburban for $400 they are exspensive.

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
I am almost postives only Suburban 's, Yukon XL's have it. My dad sold a autoride unit off a wrecked Suburban for $400 they are exspensive.
Tahoe's can have it also. My mom use to have one with it. As for trucks IDK. On alot of the lift kits it says "will not work on vehicles equiped with autoride", that is most likely why he asked.

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
Wow I had no idea Tahoes had autoride, what year was it?

·
Suburbanite
597 Posts
Autoride is technically known as BSRTD(Bi State Real Time Damping) and it uses high pressure gas shocks that are dampened electronically depending on the Road Surface, Speed, Cornering, Braking along with the EVO(Steering) in the 1500's. The air shocks you refer to are the load leveling feature on the 1500's and can be integrated into the autoride or the option is available without it. Each shock uses a postion sensor which tells it how much to dampen depending on the conditions listed above. Autoride is only available on SUV's and the system in the 2500's is a little different than the 1500's. The shocks are around $400.00 Ea but I've seen them as cheap as $325.00 Autoride was introduced in the 2000 model year and has been available ever since although I'm not sure how much it has changed over the years. If you have an SUV, Autoride can be disconnected without too much trouble which will allow you to use regular shocks and regular lift kits should you desire to go that route.

·
ASU
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was asking because of some lift kits when you select then to match your vehicle they ask if you have autoride or not. Thanks for all the information guys.

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
The Z-71 packages come with monotube shocks no matter what you drive.
The autoride shocks come in some high end SUVs like the LTZ3 Tahoes and Suburbans GMC Denali SUVs, and the Escalades. They can also be found in some Avis. I havent seen any in a Denali Truck yet.

·
Suburbanite
597 Posts
The Z-71 packages come with monotube shocks no matter what you drive.
The autoride shocks come in some high end SUVs like the LTZ3 Tahoes and Suburbans GMC Denali SUVs, and the Escalades. They can also be found in some Avis. I havent seen any in a Denali Truck yet.
I'm aware of that. There is no such thing as a Z71 Autoride. You either have the Z71 package or the Autoride(Z55). The Autoride shocks are part of the Z55 RPO and cannot be bought separately. Autoride is available as an option on all the Chevy/GM Suv's(Including Denali) from 2000-up and is not available in the P/UP's. The only exception was the 2500 series SUV's that came with the 8.1 which in this case the Autoride was standard and you couldn't buy the truck without it, unless you bought the bare bones police model. I have done extensive research on Autoride and went as far as successfully removing it from my truck and encountered absolutely no problems after the removal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts