GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you tell if you have an autotrac or non autotrac. I'm in the process of buying a 6in lift and didn't know they came in 2 different models.. thanks\

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
If you have push-button 4x4 you have auto track....if you have a floor mounted 4x4 shifter...its NON auto track.
Nope, you are incorrect sir. If you have a button on your dash that says "Auto 4x4" you have AutoTrack. Not if you have a push button in general.

Scott, theoretically if you have a '00 model Sierra you should have AutoTrack.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
sorry but if you have a Z71 and its push button,,,it IS auto track....the 2500s have the push button that is non auto track...he said he had a 1500 z71. So, i was correct.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
sorry but if you have a Z71 and its push button,,,it IS auto track....the 2500s have the push button that is non auto track...he said he had a 1500 z71. So, i was correct.
Not all of them. I have a push button shifter, my truck is a Z; but do I have AutoTrack? Negative, I do NOT. I was just saying not all of the push button shifters are AutoTrack, just the ones that say "Auto 4x4".

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Not all of them. I have a push button shifter, my truck is a Z; but do I have AutoTrack? Negative, I do NOT. I was just saying not all of the push button shifters are AutoTrack, just the ones that say "Auto 4x4".
you are exactly correct buddy. hence auto track=auto 4x4 button :pow:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
you also have a 1998...he has a 2000....big difference...i was answering his question....not stating that all push button 4x4 trucks have auto track...just that his 2000 Z71 should have auto track if it is push button....

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Yes, his should. I was just putting out there that not all push button shifters are AutoTrack.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
you also have a 1998...he has a 2000....big difference...i was answering his question....not stating that all push button 4x4 trucks have auto track...just that his 2000 Z71 should have auto track if it is push button....
where in sc are you at?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts