GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you tell if you have an autotrac or non autotrac. I'm in the process of buying a 6in lift and didn't know they came in 2 different models.. thanks\

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
If you have push-button 4x4 you have auto track....if you have a floor mounted 4x4 shifter...its NON auto track.
Nope, you are incorrect sir. If you have a button on your dash that says "Auto 4x4" you have AutoTrack. Not if you have a push button in general.

Scott, theoretically if you have a '00 model Sierra you should have AutoTrack.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
sorry but if you have a Z71 and its push button,,,it IS auto track....the 2500s have the push button that is non auto track...he said he had a 1500 z71. So, i was correct.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
sorry but if you have a Z71 and its push button,,,it IS auto track....the 2500s have the push button that is non auto track...he said he had a 1500 z71. So, i was correct.
Not all of them. I have a push button shifter, my truck is a Z; but do I have AutoTrack? Negative, I do NOT. I was just saying not all of the push button shifters are AutoTrack, just the ones that say "Auto 4x4".

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Not all of them. I have a push button shifter, my truck is a Z; but do I have AutoTrack? Negative, I do NOT. I was just saying not all of the push button shifters are AutoTrack, just the ones that say "Auto 4x4".
you are exactly correct buddy. hence auto track=auto 4x4 button :pow:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
you also have a 1998...he has a 2000....big difference...i was answering his question....not stating that all push button 4x4 trucks have auto track...just that his 2000 Z71 should have auto track if it is push button....

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Yes, his should. I was just putting out there that not all push button shifters are AutoTrack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts