GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a tech article on Truckin' where EAI (or EIA or something like that) bags an avalanche. Anyway, they installed a cantilever bracket sort similar to the KP truck ones and attached it to a wishbone link on the swaybar mount (I think). I wonder if they copied that bracket from KP or they just fabbed it up to fit the avalance. Might be a good way to bag a tahoe since the Avalanche and Tahoe rear suspesion are very similar or the same......?
I am just curious. Also, the components in the front looked like DJM arms with bag brackets to fit them, but I don't remember reading that they were.
Anyway, it didn't look like the install was bad at all......
Just being curious, that's all.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i haven't seen the article, but it sounds like my paint guys truck. If it was, the fabricator also did my bags. I believe they used KP parts, and now its KP's kit? Or something like that. Tom prototyped it and sent the parts back, and now its the production pieces. EAI isn't crap... some EAI installers are:read: The setup rides as well as it does on our trucks, and its never broken down on his truck. Its been bagged for almost a year and he drives the truck everywhere.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a blue avalanche with the cladding painted. Don't know if that is the one you're taking about. I was just curious if KP or EAI had come up for the kit on the avalanche.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
ok its my paint guys. the EAI kit is from KP, so i'm guessing its a KP kit. The installer is supposed to be on monster garage as a welder soon, i'm not sure if they shot the episode yet. His name is tom wilson

·
Registered
356 Posts
Any piccs of it yet? I've seen a white Avalance bagged on some show coverage and t looks sicc and I'm not a fan of the Avalanches.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
the white one is scary.. the air ride on it is horrible. Swift kindof does hack up jobs. It looks... ok. The body work on it isn't as good as the merzees Avalanche

·
trucknut
412 Posts
I just read the article, have it in front of me. The bag parts were from EAI (Excentrix Automotive Innovations), and the owner's name is Jeff Mersey of Merzees Paint & Body in Santa Fe Springs, CA.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, that's merzees avalanche. I've seen some of merzees p&b work and they do some very nice paint jobs.
The avalanche bag install looked pretty straight forward and looked like a pretty clean job. I'm fairly certain the arms used up front were DJM and the cantilever actually mounts to the shock mount. I like the notch they fabbed up too. The avalanche looks sooo nice bagged. My wife has been hounding me to get one (with the cladding), but we can't afford it right now...
The first body style of the avalanche has really grown on me during the past year or so. I like it better than the ones without cladding...

·
Registered
785 Posts
I agree with groundscraper that merzee does do some good work from some articles I've read, I'd rather have the avalanche with/o cladding

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
yea merzees did a tech article awhile back on how colormatching all of the cladding. He also did one of the first NBS caddy clips. Sierralade had his clip done by him also.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2k1slvrdo said:
yea merzees did a tech article awhile back on how colormatching all of the cladding. He also did one of the first NBS caddy clips. Sierralade had his clip done by him also.
Yeah, I remember that article. Didn't they also do Ewogy's truck?

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Ya they did. Just so people know, EAI isnt getting their kits fro KP Components anymore. I have a friend who does marketing for KP and he said they were having too many problems with the EAI guys sending tech questions to KP so KP is no longer making the EAI stuff, just a little heads up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts