GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
RIP Jason
Joined
·
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i may have posted this before but i doubt it and i didn't want to search for it....lazyness is great :D

How much would it be to convert my trucks front end (00 silvy) to an avalanche? I think it would be realitively bolton so shouldn't be all that expensive

I've seen it before but post up some pics of trucks that have it done..

Also, the average caddy clip is like 3k right?


yah yah lost of questions but im a inquisitive boy :think:
 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
Do you want the front fender openings to match the back? If so you'll have to graft the top half of the avalanche fenders onto your stock ones. I've seen the clip done both ways and it looked much better on the one with the correct fender openings. It would likely be about the same as the Escalade front, but would be way more unique :imo and looks way better than the 03+ front end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
yeah it would look unique untill everyone starts doing this. look at how the Escalade front ended up! :imo if you really want to change your front end do the avy. swap. the Escy is played out!
 

·
samcarol
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
the avlanche clip is cheaper than an escalade clip. Caddy parts are just more expensive :crazy:

a pic of it

DSC07440.jpg


i think more work would have to be done to get the fenders to look right on ur truck, but it would be well worth it IMO. I used to want to switch my front end to the av b/c of that truck, well when it was black.
 

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
Twstd02 said:
Here is another picture of it
91.jpg
Yeah, but the fenderwells don't look right .. they don't look like ass or anything, but its obvious the front one is much flatter on top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
This is the complete Avalanche front end, plastic on the fenderwells and everything. If you look at the black one, you can tell he spent some money on having it done.
 

·
samcarol
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
Twstd02 said:
This is the complete Avalanche front end, plastic on the fenderwells and everything. If you look at the black one, you can tell he spent some money on having it done.
umm are u saying he shouldn't spend money on doing it right? lol

the green truck just has the clip installed. Nothing wrong with that, but the black has everything molded in. The bumped is molded into the body, which i can't imagine is great for daily driving. I'm thinking it would crack if the guy hit sides or ever went around a corner to fast and had some body roll. I'd imagine if zuby put it on his truck he would prbly break it too if it was molded in also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
umm are u saying he shouldn't spend money on doing it right? lol

the green truck just has the clip installed. Nothing wrong with that, but the black has everything molded in. The bumped is molded into the body, which i can't imagine is great for daily driving. I'm thinking it would crack if the guy hit sides or ever went around a corner to fast and had some body roll. I'd imagine if zuby put it on his truck he would prbly break it too if it was molded in also.
those arn't even the stock avalanche fenders on the black truck. You should always do things the right way. the green truck is using all the OEM parts. anyways, they both look great! yeah im almost positive that the black truck is a weekend cruiser.
 

·
samcarol
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
Twstd02 said:
those arn't even the stock avalanche fenders on the black truck. You should always do things the right way. the green truck is using all the OEM parts. anyways, they both look great! yeah im almost positive that the black truck is a weekend cruiser.
i know it is lol. The paint on it is flawless. no swirls or anything. They are OEM av fenders, they've just been smoothed and shaved too all hell. When the guy first had it done, incomplete, it looked like that green truck, then he went on to shave everything. IMO the green truck looks better.
 

·
RIP Jason
Joined
·
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i've seen that black truck alot...it was at the show i was at this past weekend. It is cracking at the bumper and at the tailgate (i know that has nothing to do with the front end but i noticed it lol)

I need new fenders anyways so i should just get avalanche and have them done like that? If i was to do it i would have the same shop he went to, hot rod shop in reedley, do mine. Also the same guy, koolhand luke, is hopefully gonna do my paint

It's all thinking outloud right now but i just want to find ways to stick out in the crowd of big trucks
 

·
Yes, I do...
Joined
·
4,065 Posts
That ave bumper is too chunky for a bagged truck. On a lifted truck it would look sweet though.
 

·
RIP Jason
Joined
·
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think it looks good on both and everyone and their mom has done a escy front
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
zubyc said:
i think it looks good on both and everyone and their mom has done a escy front
true thats why i did a denali, my truck was a chevy front. the thing to consider is like on mine (stepside) i didnt want to throw a box front end (ave escy front end) on a back that has circular curves and archs. ave and escy fronts look incredable on fleetside trucks, its just everyone has escy and ave is just now coming on show trucks. (except for the green truck i believe its been done for a while now)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
baggedinblack said:
true thats why i did a denali, my truck was a chevy front. the thing to consider is like on mine (stepside) i didnt want to throw a box front end (ave escy front end) on a back that has circular curves and archs. ave and escy fronts look incredable on fleetside trucks, its just everyone has escy and ave is just now coming on show trucks. (except for the green truck i believe its been done for a while now)
yeah the green one has been done now for years. and has a new owner
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top