GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have decided on my wheels. I wanted the forged black chrome Fuel Mavericks but they are just too much money right now. So the new plan is the 20x12 black Hostages and 305 Trails. Its going to be a tough fit with just a 3" leveling kit. I have ordered everything through my local shop and it will all be here in a week or two. Once everything is on in time I am doing the following mods,
- Remove z71 sticker
- Billet Grill black or chrome
- Tow mirrors
- cleared headlights
- True dual 45's
- Maybe plastidipping all chrome black....
- Maybe remove fender flares....

Already done,
- Black bowtie
- 20% windows
- 5% brow
- Demold Debadge
- Cheap 8000k HIDs

Any cheap ideas that you think will make it look better??

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I would rather have chrome but dont want to spend the extra money.

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, money is tight here. Cant afford a lift. Should i stick with black or go chrome? If I go chrome I will most likely go with the 962's.

· 2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
10,233 Posts
So many bad ideas for one truck. Park it in my driveway where it'll stay stock and pick up a beater to apply your ideas onto.

· Registered
1,241 Posts
Go with chrome. I don't think the guys are giving you crap about not lifting so much as they are about you cranking your bars tight enough to squeeze 3 inches out of them.

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I am definitely not lifting it. My last truck was 9.5 bds lift and was nothing but problems. Figured i would stay leveled this time and go with the stuffed look.

· Registered
9,982 Posts
just do a 2.5" , say no to plastidip.. fawkin gay ******* shit, billet grill, order some painted door pulls and mirror caps will then look real good.

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Removed z71 and tinted tails. Wheels and tires are on Tuesday

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will give it a try. Can't make it any worse. Should I keep the bumpers chrome or paint them. It would just be like a dull black cause money is tight after the new setup. No money to have them painted.

· Timbrage: Engage
11,076 Posts
I've found that if you start with like 60 grit sandpaper, and work your way up to like 2200, it'll take that God forsaken paint off your taillights

· ROB
10,365 Posts
You have a nice truck in a very desirable color. The Avalanche looks pretty damn good stock in that color.

You keep saying money is tight in almost every post. You also keep coming up with stuff to do on the truck. I understand that you want to modify your ride and I respect that. I'm gonna give you some advice that you hopefully follow.

Leave the truck alone.

Its a good looking dd, just drive it and enjoy it. Do this for a while and save up money. If money is tight then you shouldn't be wasting it on truck mods. So just relax and drive. Before you know it the time will fly by and you'll have money saved up to modify the truck the right way. Take the bumpers for example. Don't waste your time and money painting the bumpers when it won't match anyway. Save the money and when the time comes get the bumpers colormatched correctly.

It seems like you settled on the wheels. IMO you should of kept saving and gotten what you really wanted. If your just staying leveled you should of gotten some oem wheels off something newer. The newer oem 20's or 22's look killer wrapped in a 33 inch mud tire on a leveled truck.

Anyway good luck with it. Its a good looking dd and I hope it stays that way.

Edit: Please do something about those tails. That's a perfect example of something that should be done right or not done at all.

· Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You have a nice truck in a very desirable color. The Avalanche looks pretty damn good stock in that color.

You keep saying money is tight in almost every post. You also keep coming up with stuff to do on the truck. I understand that you want to modify your ride and I respect that. I'm gonna give you some advice that you hopefully follow.

Leave the truck alone.

Its a good looking dd, just drive it and enjoy it. Do this for a while and save up money. If money is tight then you shouldn't be wasting it on truck mods. So just relax and drive. Before you know it the time will fly by and you'll have money saved up to modify the truck the right way. Take the bumpers for example. Don't waste your time and money painting the bumpers when it won't match anyway. Save the money and when the time comes get the bumpers colormatched correctly.

It seems like you settled on the wheels. IMO you should of kept saving and gotten what you really wanted. If your just staying leveled you should of gotten some oem wheels off something newer. The newer oem 20's or 22's look killer wrapped in a 33 inch mud tire on a leveled truck.

Anyway good luck with it. Its a good looking dd and I hope it stays that way.

Edit: Please do something about those tails. That's a perfect example of something that should be done right or not done at all.

You are right. The only thing is I'm in college so money isn't going to get much better. Right when i am done with college I plan on selling it. I just don't like driving a stock truck so i had to go with wheels and tires. And then small thing form there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.