GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going through a divorce, and I will be finally separated in about 45 days. So I am thinking about getting a newer vehicle to have for road trips or adventures. Either that or I will set my F100 project up for road trips with a 302, and overdrive build. I work in the HVAC field, and have the boss's van for DD.

While I have been day dreaming about getting a new truck I have noticed that Avalanches run quite a bit cheaper. I do not really need a HD truck as I have my K20, but it would need to be capable of Home Depot runs. Plus other project related items.

How do you guy's that have them like them. Do the coil springs hold up good to about a 1000 pounds in the bed.

·
'14 Chevy Silverado Owner
229 Posts
Personally I don't like all of the added plastic on Avalanches. The newer ones look a little better when they removed the plastic along the bottom. Since you say you'll need the new truck to do Home Depot runs then get a Silverado or Sierra. I used to work at a smaller lumber company called ProBuild and when I wasn't doing a delivery I helped on the yard. I remember one guy complaining about the added BS on the bed when picking up lumber. The plastic tonneau cover made it worse. Even if the added plastic doesn't bother you the inside dimensions of the bed are smaller. If the truck was just going to be a daily and only used as a truck by towing and not really hauling then it would a toss up. Since you will use it for real hauling then don't get an Avalanche.

Think about it, there's a reason they are cheaper. It's because the demand isn't as high. If you notice, they don't make them anymore and they weren't made for that long when you think about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts