GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive searched around for hours now, read everything i can about this, can i do stick inches on my 05 sierra denali, i have AWD, so im guessing i need a new driveshaft yes. But otherwise am i good to go?

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Ive searched around for hours now, read everything i can about this, can i do stick inches on my 05 sierra denali, i have AWD, so im guessing i need a new driveshaft yes. But otherwise am i good to go?
you can, but the long term effects aren't gonna be pretty. The half shafts on the AWD Denali and Silverado SS don't like any kind of angle on them, especially if you add additional tire/wheel weight, which I'm assuming you would w/ a 6" lift.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
Im not sure if there is a lift on the market or what fits and such not but. I do think that if you stick with a 33/12.50 and run the cvs totally flat you would be ok. Then again if you beat the hell out of your rig it will break no matter what only a matter of when.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Aren't the suspensions of the SS and the Denali the same as any 4x4 1500 4x4 other than the transfercase? I believe they use the same cv's as well, but I'm sure having power to them at all times gives some size limitations. I would say stick to a fulldrop lift to keep the angles flat like the others had said and don't go any bigger than 35's. There was a custom shop by my old house that did a few lifted SS's. I believe that shop was all about Fabtech lifts.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
Like Alan said definatly stay with a full drop kit. I wouldnt go higher than 6" either because the front driveline could become an issue beings it always under power. Fuck fabtech, RCD and all of those 4.5" diff drop claimed 6" kits.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm not a fan of Fabtech lifts either. The shop down the road is. I just put that because thats the only lift that I've seen on an SS. If that kit can be installed I'm sure others can too.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Its not an issue of "IF" you can install a lift on an SS... its a matter of how long the drivetrain will last. You're talking about going up 6"... for contrast any drop more than a couple of inches was causing a world of trouble for the front half of the truck and no one is going as far as 6" in that direction.

I'm sure it can be made to work, but I doubt it'll hold up very long.

On a side note: What the fuck would be the point of lifting a sport truck in the first place?? If you want a lifted truck that looks like an SS, get a 4x4 and do the bumper swap. Then you don't have any of the problems the full time AWD presents but you get the look you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts