GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Ive searched around for hours now, read everything i can about this, can i do stick inches on my 05 sierra denali, i have AWD, so im guessing i need a new driveshaft yes. But otherwise am i good to go?
you can, but the long term effects aren't gonna be pretty. The half shafts on the AWD Denali and Silverado SS don't like any kind of angle on them, especially if you add additional tire/wheel weight, which I'm assuming you would w/ a 6" lift.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Its not an issue of "IF" you can install a lift on an SS... its a matter of how long the drivetrain will last. You're talking about going up 6"... for contrast any drop more than a couple of inches was causing a world of trouble for the front half of the truck and no one is going as far as 6" in that direction.

I'm sure it can be made to work, but I doubt it'll hold up very long.

On a side note: What the fuck would be the point of lifting a sport truck in the first place?? If you want a lifted truck that looks like an SS, get a 4x4 and do the bumper swap. Then you don't have any of the problems the full time AWD presents but you get the look you want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.