GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I drove from Fresno to almost Oakland to take my second pg&e test on my way home about 11 minutes into the trip (on a bay area freeway where there's no room to pull off) smoke starts billowing out from under my dash. I'm feelin good about my test so I'm bumpin my stereo. So as soon as I see the smoke I'm like oh shit I need to pull the fuck over. I immediately start shutting down my stereo, eq, and ac just in case. And I find a small spot to put my truck into between the freeway and an onramp. Get out pop the hood.... Engine isn't smoking but it's comin from under my truck. Look under and my truck is coated in tranny fluid underneath. I'm thinking the cooling line busted because I was doin 80 when it happened and it was still holding the gear fine. A tow truck pulled behind me less than a minute after I pulled over and was cool enough to tow me off the freeway for free. It was after shop hours were over so I just had a friend of a friend(lucky me) tow it from Danville back to fresno for a very fair price. I'm just lucky i broke down in rich ass Danville and not downtown Oakland lol. Anyway what does this problem sound like to you guys? My tranny is Under warranty so I'm not worried just curious

·
GM bit-size owner
1,654 Posts
Re: Aww shiiiit

So yesterday I drove from Fresno to almost Oakland to take my second pg&e test on my way home about 11 minutes into the trip (on a bay area freeway where there's no room to pull off) smoke starts billowing out from under my dash. I'm feelin good about my test so I'm bumpin my stereo. So as soon as I see the smoke I'm like oh shit I need to pull the fuck over. I immediately start shutting down my stereo, eq, and ac just in case. And I find a small spot to put my truck into between the freeway and an onramp. Get out pop the hood.... Engine isn't smoking but it's comin from under my truck. Look under and my truck is coated in tranny fluid underneath. I'm thinking the cooling line busted because I was doin 80 when it happened and it was still holding the gear fine. A tow truck pulled behind me less than a minute after I pulled over and was cool enough to tow me off the freeway for free. It was after shop hours were over so I just had a friend of a friend(lucky me) tow it from Danville back to fresno for a very fair price. I'm just lucky i broke down in rich ass Danville and not downtown Oakland lol. Anyway what does this problem sound like to you guys? My tranny is Under warranty so I'm not worried just curious
I'd start by degreasing the undercarraige and letting it dry. That way you can pinpoint where it is coming from easily. Cooler line is likely, but it can't hurt to double check everything. Clean it up, check the fluid level (most likely have to top it off), and let it run and look to see where it's coming from. Then go from there. The last time I saw this the housing was cracked. This is an extreme case. hopefully this isn't the case with yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts