GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 97 ext cab on a 4/8 drop, c-notched, 20's, and i've been noticing that the rear axle is slightly moving to the right. like theres less room inbetween the tire and fender lip on the pass. side than on the driver side. what can cause this and what can fix it?

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
my friends obs truck is like that too but his was like that from the dealership...tire wear was fine and after we lowered it, we measured out the diffrence to be like a 1/2" im not sure what it is tho...maybe get a 4 wheel alignment, did i spell that right?

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
my truck is a little bit like that too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 97 regular cab and had to roll the fender on the passenger front side only....it was the only one rubbing with a 4/6 drop and 235-60-15 on the front...

Just measure...record and check to see if it changes over time...

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
ituck22s said:
my friends obs truck is like that too but his was like that from the dealership...tire wear was fine and after we lowered it, we measured out the diffrence to be like a 1/2" im not sure what it is tho...maybe get a 4 wheel alignment, did i spell that right?
You can't do a 4 wheel alignment on a solid axle rearend.

It could be something that's off on the design of your flip kit or whatever components you're using in the rear. Some people have put on a flip kit and not had it seated on the spring centering pin correctly and had it be off too, worth checking.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet thanks for the input guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts