GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else running into issues where the axle is offset more towards the passenger side?

I'll have to do some more measuring, but it seems that my axle is centered in my frame, but the wheel on the pass side sticks out about .5" further than the driverside.

Is this common or is there something else going on? I know the passenger side bedside was replaced... maybe the replacement's outer fenderwell doesn't have the same profile as factory... :shrug: I guess I'll do some more measuring. Figured I would check with some of ya'll first.

G

·
The latter part of your post is more likely to be true. You can loosen the bolts of the bed and bump it into better alignment.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
is it really that noticeable? i'd be more worried about the bed lining up to the cab correctly then having a half inch of offset on one side.

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the bed is aligned good to the cab so I wouldn't want to mess that up. Also the bed is centered on the frame according to the measurements.

Once I get my stock hangers back on it, I'll recheck everything, but I guess I'm just going to take an extra 1/2" off the passenger side axle, the whole thing is getting narrowed anyway.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Well the bed is aligned good to the cab so I wouldn't want to mess that up. Also the bed is centered on the frame according to the measurements.

Once I get my stock hangers back on it, I'll recheck everything, but I guess I'm just going to take an extra 1/2" off the passenger side axle, the whole thing is getting narrowed anyway.
your gonna narrow your rear axle unevenly?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about 1/2". But, your bed might be lined up perfectly with the cab, but the back part of the bed, may not be lined up the the rear of the frame. Just a thought.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I noticed the same thing on my truck too, passenger side tire is farther out than the driver side. I still haven't tried to find out what it is, but I know the axle is centered on the frame.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
lol. mine is like that too. didn't think it was common, thought it was just my truck. i noticed it once i put the new wheels on since they hang past the bed. anyone know what causes it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts