GMC Truck Forum banner

Back in a Dmax

5K views 43 replies 14 participants last post by  TMAN 
#1 ·
2003 GMC with 50k on it. Probably the cleanest I’ve ever had. Damn shame I drive it to the rig but whatever. The night I got it:

As it sits now:

I’ve only done small shit so far:
Firestone Destination MT2’s
Polished gmc emblem
1500 tailgate cap
Newer chevy tails
Linex’d the bed rails (bed already done)
Sony double din
RDS toolbox/fuel tank combo
PPE boost valve
Weathertech mats
Escalade handles are at paint shop

It already had a 5” straight pipe, bigger aftermarket tank, and those muth signal mirrors everyone did when they were popular. Plan is to keep it looking OEM+ and enjoy being back in a Dmax. We’ll see how long that lasts

See less See more
#5 ·
Ordered this straight from PPE today. I guess they’re getting hard to find cause I made a dozen calls before my dumbass just called them direct. I keep forgetting this truck is 18 years old......crazy. Certain parts are a bitch to find. Having issues finding headlights, etc.
Anyway I got this to mount a fuel gauge for my aux tank inside the cab. The visual gauge on the tank is yellowed so bad I can’t read it so I figured I’d just get a sending unit and wire up a gauge.

Got a helluva deal on this off marketplace here in Midland. There’s someone selling one every other day down here. Back home there’s literally one nice one for sale and they want a grand for it. Handy as hell to have.

#25 ·
Fuel options I’m considering. The only ones I could actually get a few months ago were the sabers and I put them on my 72. Same pattern as my others so I’ll throw one on and see how it looks. Wheelpros told me they were the first set they’ve sold. I dig em but not on my 72 lol.

#33 ·
Gonna have the front end on the GMC paint matched soon but I think I’m gonna do billet grilles. Any particular brand everyone likes? Some pretty big price differences out there but not sure what’s quality. Only ever had one gmc with a billet grille and it was on it when I got it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.