GMC Truck Forum banner

241 - 260 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Is your truck 4wd?

If so going over 2.5in and no diff drop is going to cause vibration and wear issues with your cvs.

If it’s 2wd I would just do lift spindles and keep flat angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea 4wd. Gonna stick to the 2.5”. Just so tempting to go that little bit extra.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #242

Needs to settle. But rides amazing. Very happy. Hard to tell from the pic but there’s a bit of positive camber

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Are they 5100s with different springs?

Basically, but give more lift than bilsteins. I didn’t know till the other day that Eibach makes the springs on Fox coilovers

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Need some advice. Dudes wanting $3500 for this. Says 60k on the clock but that’s “maybe not right” lol. See the pic where I ask him about the odometer. Anyway, seems pretty clean but not sure. 4hrs away so not too terrible. Pretty decent price from why I’ve seen, just a bit fishy.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Think I can get him down to $3k

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Seems like a good price to me. Ass hats are asking that for a rusted out one here.
Kinda fishy he doesn’t know anything about it. Working on another truck that you’ll appreciate. Green NBS RSSB 5.3

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
I forget how much of a flakes people are. You offer a time and place to buy and all of a sudden they stop answering. Like they never wanted to sell in the first place. Frustrating.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Just bought an ‘83 square body. Has a new 350 (325hp crate) with 700r4 tranny. It’ll be ready in 2 weeks. Hes finishing up install of the engine (new radiator is all that’s left), newer tires, passenger floor replacement, and new carpet.

Haven’t actually paid yet but the dudes good for it. Had a mint ‘69 Camaro, grand national, and ‘85 square body he had put an LS in. Owns a wrecker service and a few junkyards. Had my mechanic buddy go with me and he assured me it was a solid deal.

The cons are it needs cab corners and rockers, but I got a good body guy here in town.

Only pic I have currently is what he had on the ad, forgot to take some yesterday. He’s gonna send me progress pics. Has everything drives in wise in it now but the radiator. Has the hood on and grille is coming with it too.

What’s the forum of choice for square bodies?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Kind of a lot of rust for an AZ truck ??
Oklahoma Panhandle truck. More rust than i'd like, but a the price point its acceptable. Rust free SWB Square body with new engine and tranny is going to go for twice the amount I'm giving for it around here...

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Got her running and the grill on, working on the floor and new carpet today. Gonna go with a stock grill in the future but this’ll do for now

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Go pick up an ‘84 grill, bezels and trim on Friday and pick up the truck Saturday. I’ll start a new build thread this weekend

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The 84 grille is my favorite of the later squares because the body colored band continues on the headlight bezels too. Plus I had an 84 in high school so there’s the sentimental factor too.

241 - 260 of 260 Posts