GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kyle, me and his friend put a 3" bodylift on his truck today. Instal went pretty well, once they found my house! :anitoof:

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Thanks Stepen for helpin (you did most the work) but now that i've helped do one i can pass the knowledge along, i appreciate it, and hey it was all my "co-pilot"'s fault for not seein the road, but we did get a nice tour of that part of town haha...

P.S. Thats me in the blue shirt, not the guy standin next to the truck incase anybody was wonderin :crazy:

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the other guy is Drew, or also known as aquaman on here. He stopped by because he had to work on a school project with my sister.

All I ask is you pass my name around because this summer im going to try and make some extra cash installing lifts etc... (anything, body, suspension, custom, you name it) I figure I like doing it and can do it for a hell of a lot cheaper than a shop would charge. Plus I dont mind doing suspension + body like some stores. cough 4wp cough.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
You know I'm curious, have you thought about liability? Thats the main reason I won't install lifts till I get the new shop setup with liability insurance. All it takes is an a-arm coming loose for someone to die and there family coming after you... Just something to think about. You can make really good money at it though if your fast! But for right now I just turn people down when they ask, don't want to risk it... Good thing to do would to have a nice waiver they can sign?

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a good friend who is a lawyer. Hes going to help me write one up. Im going to do a thing like 4wp does where they need to come in for a 2 week checkup also.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Cool, should work just fine. I have a lady that lives across the street who has never worked since she was about 25 and she is now around 65... She makes her living by suing people... Seriously! She will go to a 4 way stop sign, if she has the right of way she will start to go but stop and when the other car starts to go she will pull out so the other car hits her. Then since she had the right of way she gets like $25,000... When that money dried up she twisted her ankle at Cal State Bakersfield by stepping on some wet leaves on the concrete and got about $17,000...

I'm noticing more and more people like her around here and I'm constantly terrified of being sued now. :nono:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
willyswanter said:
Cool, should work just fine. I have a lady that lives across the street who has never worked since she was about 25 and she is now around 65... She makes her living by suing people... Seriously! She will go to a 4 way stop sign, if she has the right of way she will start to go but stop and when the other car starts to go she will pull out so the other car hits her. Then since she had the right of way she gets like $25,000... When that money dried up she twisted her ankle at Cal State Bakersfield by stepping on some wet leaves on the concrete and got about $17,000...

I'm noticing more and more people like her around here and I'm constantly terrified of being sued now. :nono:

Scary...

·
Wheel On'
1,414 Posts
Looks good are you going to put different tires on?

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Its looking good i have a 3 on my truck it was an easy install

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bout 6.5 hrs. wasnt bad at all. Just took a bit of time because I was the only one with lift instalation experiance. Kyle did great though, he was a huge help to me as well as his friend (forgot his name on here)

·
Banned
487 Posts
looks good! im guna be installing a 4 inch lift on an 86 chevy within a month or so and dropping a 383 stroker and TH350 into an '86 blazer along with doing all my own work. I guess im just too nice of a guy considering i dont charge anything besides they bring the beer! :anitoof:

BTW, people like that lady that sues people i would like to kill kill kill! and most judges around here know better. Once this kid hit me in the side of the face with a rock, so i belted him in the face and his parents called the cops. Sheriff came to my house and asked why i hit him, i told him and he says okay well okay just so he had it coming. :read:

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hes got the 3" body and 285/75 tires. Looks pretty tall on a rcsb. I should have taken a comparision pic next to mine. Im probably 7-8" taller in reailty but it doesnt look it when they arnt side by side.

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Yea the only lift on there is the body lift, and the T bar crank to level it out, and even before the lift many people thoght it already had one..crazy...but i'm lovin it and new tires are on the way, the shop was closed by the time i got off work 2day
:bawl:

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Thinkin about it, dunno, truck is not goin offroad much, so if i can clear them on road then probably, we are going to do a test fit probably w/ my buddy's tires

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
I cleared them fine when I was only body lifted, but I had factory rims too. That extra inch of wheel matters... :bowtie:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts