GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wuzzup guys, I'm new to this site, let me just say this you guys got some AWSOME TRUCKS. :worship: I just started building my 02 sierra. (right is stock). I want to install ART bags for the front and ART 4link airbar for the rear. But first I what to purchase my wheels. I what to roll on some 22x8.5 billet specialties wheels on 265/35r22. I dont know what would be the right back space for the rims. I what to make sure everthing clears when I'm ready to bag my truck. How to you get the right backspace and offset? :head: If you guys can help me out that would be awsome. Anyone tuckin 22x8.5 wheels?
 

·
Member #670
Joined
·
1,860 Posts
i know tuckin22s is runnin 22x10's and will tuck with his wheels, you should ask him...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
mood_indigo said:
:word:mood is who learned me about backspacing :anitoof:


22x8.5 should be a good choice i only went with 10's becuz i wanted 285/35/22 for a lil more sidewall and plus the bfg kdw2 dont come in 265/35/22 and i just had to have that tread pattern or else i was going to have to go :ninja:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
i just want to say i hope you guys know what your saying.........i've never heard anyone putting 22x10's on the front......they rub nasty........a 6 inch backspace?????? on what?????.....you cant just put any 22's on your truck.....width and backspacing dictate that.............my truck is in the members trucks section a few pages back titled "did this work"......check it out 22x9.5 265 35 22 pirellis 4.5 inch backspace......and no room to spare.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
o.k........thats why i say "i hope you know".....does anyone have pics of this size wheel tire truck combo??....i want to check it out.....i guess it makes sense inch wider wheel less backspace.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
bigb said:
o.k........thats why i say "i hope you know".....does anyone have pics of this size wheel tire truck combo??....i want to check it out.....i guess it makes sense inch wider wheel less backspace.....

I have some pics at stock height on 22x10 and mine dont rub too bad just barely at full turn on steep inclines and only on my sway bar (which will be modded) they will defintly tuck easily even with the belltech spindles im going to be using that pushes the whell out 1/2"

heres some shitty pics http://www.cardomain.com/id/laidon22s

dont have any good pics to show how the rim sits in the fenders yet

sierra808pinoy,
Since your going to be using the airbar i guess your not concerned about laying frame?

also dont listen to billet specialties about backspacing they will tell you the backspacing that fits where the rim is flush with the outer fender. what you need is a 3.5"-4" front spacing which on a 8.5" rim is 5.5"-6"

mine are 22x10 with a 7.5" back space (3.5" front spacing) and i have around a .25" from the tire(wheel protector sticks out some) to the inner unrolled fender and they will tuck perfect on my truck since i will have a parrell 4-link that has s2s axle movement i needed the extra .25" to be safer.
 

·
samcarol
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
I'm running a 20X10 out back with 20X8.5s up front. You get the idea what the widths will look like

 

·
samcarol
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
my rims tuck and they are intros. The backspacing on a set of 22s will be exactly the same, just bigger overall diameter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
that looks dope.................but if your fronts were the same size as the rear ?????????? i don't think it would look good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
what kinda backspacing do you need to tuck a 20 x 10??? I gotta set I'm looking into and I was curious b/c I wanna bag mine in the future...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
tuckin22 said:
also dont listen to billet specialties about backspacing they will tell you the backspacing that fits where the rim is flush with the outer fender. what you need is a 3.5"-4" front spacing which on a 8.5" rim is 5.5"-6"

mine are 22x10 with a 7.5" back space (3.5" front spacing) and i have around a .25" from the tire(wheel protector sticks out some) to the inner unrolled fender and they will tuck perfect on my truck since i will have a parrell 4-link that has s2s axle movement i needed the extra .25" to be safer.
Did I read that right? Your 10" wide wheels with 7.5" bs with 3.5" lip, that makes 11". I just want to make sure so when I order my Billet Specialties they will fit right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bigd DUDE I like your truck AWSOME, you running 22x9.5 all around? what is your backspace & frontspace on those rims. your truck is what I want my truck to look like when I slap on 22s and bags.:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
04sierra said:
Did I read that right? Your 10" wide wheels with 7.5" bs with 3.5" lip, that makes 11". I just want to make sure so when I order my Billet Specialties they will fit right.

that is correct. the wheel width is always an inch wider than said measurment. 10 inches would be the bead measurement where 11 inches would be the total wheel width.

i also have 20x10 out back with 7.5 inches of backspacing.
 

·
Wheel guy
Joined
·
700 Posts
I am tucking 22x8.5 in front and 22x10 in rear. I also did a very custom backspacing for my truck that is my secret :) . I will say this tho, I can drive with the rear all the way down and there is no rubbing anywhere, and I have the biggest lip of anyone with a FSC laying out without shortening the rear.



 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
IntroWheels said:
I also did a very custom backspacing for my truck that is my secret :) . I will say this tho, I can drive with the rear all the way down and there is no rubbing anywhere, and I have the biggest lip of anyone with a FSC laying out without shortening the rear.

Did you roll your rear fenderlips or is this the least backspace you can run on a completely stock bed?
 

·
Wheel guy
Joined
·
700 Posts
I rolled the fenders for my 20x10 before I made my backspacing change. I dont think i would have needed it with these.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top