GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 584 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the dog growing, it was time for a back seat. I didn’t like what I was seeing with the 2019s so I figured it was time to upgrade. Traded in the 2015 reg cab for this 2017 leftover, all star edition z71.

Mods within the first week
-elite catch can
-air raid mit
-carven competitor catback
-removed rear blocks for level
-debadge
-wrapped bowties
-soft trifold cover
-antenna delete
-gen5diy drl harness
-20% tint
-carbon wrapped pillars
-I have a diablo i2, waiting to take it to the dealer for some issues before tuning.

Within a month or two I’ll be installing my CST 4.5in lift with their matching CST coil overs. Will be running my 20in -12 anthems with toyo 295/55/20s at2s for now. Main reason for their lift is the ability to retain the stock track width, and after having coil overs before I couldn’t go back.

IMG_6853.JPG
IMG_6826.JPG
IMG_6904.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Let's sell that cst stuff for some drop parts :)

·
Super Moderator
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, it I wasn’t scraping up the trails for the dirtbikes as it sits I would have considered it a little more.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Excuses are like assholes I've had dirtbikes in my dropped 16 in Hollister

·
Super Moderator
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eh I enjoy taking it out on all the trails we have here in central pa. Maybe the next one. I do love the look of a dropped truck, I just couldn’t bring myself to do it on this one.

·
professional grade
4,130 Posts
Love the progress....should turn out nice. Need to get my CST 3-6 on order. Did you do the 2.0’s for the rear??

·
Super Moderator
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not. I have a set of m95 skyjacker shocks from my other truck that will work since it’s the same block size. They perform surprisingly well.

·
Super Moderator
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I meant to post this video here.

The new carven system is growing on me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice man, I'm digging the red. You already wrap the pillar or did it come like that? I'm planning on doing mine sometime soon

·
n. fil-dert.
7,084 Posts
They should settle. Both sets I’ve put on my truck settled around an inch in ride height. Preload will be a factor too.

Reactions: ferraiolo1

·
Super Moderator
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just cleaned it a few times with isopropyl. I didn’t want to use the primer Incase I didn’t like it. I did it to my buddies a year ago and it’s still holding up just fine.

·
Registered
816 Posts
When’s the lift going on? Then some 22x12 billets

·
Super Moderator
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No billets for me.

The front skid plate is on back order for a few weeks. Chances are once it gets here it will be steady abound freezing for a few days and I’ll throw the lift on.

1 - 20 of 584 Posts