GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
On that 8.5" wheel go with 6" of backspace if you are going with billet. That will give you plenty of room to go 4/6 in the future if you decide to, plus it'll work great on the 2/4 as it is the equivalent to stock backspacing.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
You can get away with a 2/4 on those tires and backspace. I have 20x8 with 5" of backspacing and my truck is bagged and they work fine. You just have to compensate with a smaller tire when going really low.

A 2/4 is such a mild drop it won't cause any issues running those tires with that backspace.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
drop it 4/6 on 255/40/20 toyo's and call it a day.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh i was going to, back when those other drop threads i started were up, except i was gonna do 255/35 cuz i gotta go a size smaller than the norm due to my backspace

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Slawinitup said:
how do u roll ur fenders i hear ppl talkina bout it but dont really know wat it is
Rolling your fenders has to do with the fender lip itself. You "roll" it up into the fender. It does not change the look of the vehicle at all...just gives you more room for tire clearance.

For example, my 245/40 was fine on a 4/6 drop. When i bagged the back, i had to roll both rear fenders to give them room to go up without rubbing as they were touching the fender lips the lower it went, rolled the lips and thus problem solved :D

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
i have 5.5" of B.S. with my 245/40/20's on my 4/6 they were fine, but i rolled my lips, but now i have a 2/2(soon to be 2/4 as soon as i get my lazy ass to buy some hangers) and a set of 275/45/20's on all 4 corners, and no rubbing.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
dan-

why did u bring your truck back up?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
with a 2/4 you won't need to roll ur fenders... honestly, i ran that drop and thoose tires for about 2 years, no rubbing at all. THey would get close on climbing a steep drive way, but they never touched.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
dan-

why did u bring your truck back up?
snapped some stuff:( got no money to get stuff for now)
when i get more cash, im 4 link'n and ill lower it back down then
(nitrous burnouts are a BAD IDEA!!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts