GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be ordering a custom made set of 16.5x12 double beadlock rims for my 42x15x16.5 TSLs. I will be running a lift setup as follows

10" spring up front, 4" shackle flip+6" springs in back + a small block if needed
2-3" in brackets
3" Bodylift

Totals out at 15-16" of lift.

Question is what backspacing should I run on the rims, I want a wide stance for stability but also dont want to take my fenders off to be able to turn. What do you all think?

Also im open to sugestions for designs on the rims, the center section is what I can design, they will be painted black or powdercoated black. The design I was kinda thinking about was a bunch of smaller holes like the Weld Stone Crishers.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
what are your choices? i would imagine such a wheel only comes with 1 BS size. unless its custom

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
read the first line :read: They are custom, so I can pick anything I want.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
yup im retarded. well number 1 concern should be clearing your springs when turning. if 4-4.5 inches will work then i would do that :bowtie:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
On the center cap, put Dark Eternal, or D.E, or sumthin to that effect

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cant put center caps on the front because its got selectable hubs I guess I could on the back but probably wont so it will match the front. What I do want to do is use zinc coated bolts on the diff covers and the hub on the back where the shaft bolts in so you will see those. The axles and hubs will be painted black so the zinc should look really good. If I can get John at Stazworks to do it, im going to use zinc bolts on the beadlocks as well - I think it would look bad ass.

Heres a pic of what im talking about on the back, you can see where the 8 bolts would go to hold in the shaft - those would be zinc, everything else you see except the rotor would be black.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I'll keep my piehole shut about the 15" of lift.

Anywho, I run 4" on my 8.25" wide rims and it's perfect for me, I'm well away from the springs when turning to full lock. Remember, the more backspacing you run, the more locking hub that will stick out so it could get nailed on something, mine are inset about 1/2". Also, with the way wide rims there going to hit on alot of stuff too.

John uses zinc coated grade 8 bolts with the rims so thats not a problem. And the rims don't use center caps. With the rim halves, I ordered these:

18.gif

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahahaha classic. honestly i have 9" now and its not big at all, so unless this 15" is a different kinda lift it wont be too huge.

Heres my 9" on 35

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Well my truck only has 6.5" of lift total on it. Thats 3.5" of spring and 3" of brackets. This is confirmed by comparing center of wheel to fender lip from stock to now.

My truck is taller than your truck by looking at that picture. And yours is lifted 2.5" more than mine. But, I have 2.5" more of tire, but my truck is still taller... 15" is going to be massively tall and I find that with that much lift, and your post about wide stance for stability makes me laugh :anitoof: . Aint no such thing as stability with that tall of a truck! I can't imagine a truck 9" taller than mine!

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But your also starting off on a taller frame or something, your saying yoru taller than me now, so I add 6" to what I have now and im then only about 3-4" taller than you are now, thats not so tall. Im honsetly worried about being too tall, I want to clear the 42s and keep my fenders. I have NO opposition to cut out flares but I do not want to hack it up so bad it doesnt look good, this is my daily and will be for years to come, at least into grad school. If those 10" packs are way to big Ill pull a leaf out or something, or break down and buy an 8" pack. What do ya think?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
But cut fenders look soooooo goooooood.... People will look at you and go, now theres a real wheeler! Not just another one of these tall lifted street trucks! :anitoof:

How high is it to the bottom of your frame and the bottom of your door?

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the middle section of teh frame is just a hair under 21" off the ground and the VERY bottom of teh rocker panel (absolute lowest point of the body) is 26.5" off the ground. That is with a 3" bodylift.

I find the mud paint job, tow strap wrapped around the bumper and mud covered hi-lift jack hanging out the back does the same as cut fenders :anitoof:

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
See, ill only be a few inches above you if my math is right.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
willyswanter said:
I just realized that when I took those measurements my front end is on jackstands, going to drop about 2" or so... D'oh!
hahahaha good move their einstein :anitoof:

Still though, your frame if a little higher than mine as of now, some of that being the tires. My guess is ill end up maybe 4-6" taller than you, thats not a whole lot especially since I dont do rocks like you do. What I am going to do is once its all on, drop it down as much as I can so it still doesnt rub. The goal is to have the least lift to clear the 42s with little to no rubbing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts