GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a thread the other day about wanting to drop my truck to a 7" in the rear. I also need to know if my wheels will tuck any at all. They won't be tucking that much but I'm worried about if I hit a big bump in the road or something. I'm running AR Pirahna's 20x8.5. The offset is 19 and the backspace is 5 1/2. I'm also running a 275/45/20 Goodyear GTII. Here's a link to to the rims also: http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/details.asp?parent=98&wheelid=94&name=Pirahna Silver&style=379&desc=1-piece alloy, silver painted, clear coated&section=S

·
Registered
158 Posts
They should fit with no problem! I have 20x8 with 5.5" backspacing and still have around a 1/2" clearance (keep in mind that the panhard bar pushes the rearend over when layed out!). Worst case scenario, you may have to trim the fender lip.

I hope that helps!
Trey

·
Registered
275 Posts
OK, I got one for ya... how bout a 20x10 with a backspace of 22??? Not sure on tires yet though...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I knew I pretty much had to roll fender lips. Just wanted to know before hand. Thanks, we'll be doing this weekend.

·
Registered
308 Posts
i've got some boss 301s, they're 20x8.5 and they have 5.3" of backspacing, i'm currently runnin 285/50/20 tires, i know i need new tires, but will i ok with these rims when i bag my truck?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts