GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of Pro Comp 20x10 wheels but when I was ordering I didnt realize they had 5" backspacing, from what Ive read I need to get 4.5-4.75". Will there be an issure with the 5" backspacing? This is on a 99 2wd NBS with a 7" Fabtech lift. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I think that you would only need 4.5" backspacing on a x8 wheel. I think you should be fine with a 20x10 but i don't know for sure. If it doesnt end up working you could run a half inch spacer.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that you would only need 4.5" backspacing on a x8 wheel. I think you should be fine with a 20x10 but i don't know for sure. If it doesnt end up working you could run a half inch spacer.
Ya I want to avoid spacers, if they will not work I'll just try to return them.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I retured them and bought some black 18x9" XD 441's (monsters) with the right offset.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i think it states on the kits that you need at least 4.75 to clear the knuckle.
i have 5" and have plenty of room to spare. i think you would have been good to go but oh well

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think it states on the kits that you need at least 4.75 to clear the knuckle.
i have 5" and have plenty of room to spare. i think you would have been good to go but oh well
Ya it I think it said something like that, I didnt want to chance it and have to run spacers and I really wanted the monsters more anyways. I was just getting the other ones because they were on clearance.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
typically that 4.5" backspacing is only needed if you run 16 or 17" wheels, I think...

That's a decent little change from 20X10's down to 18X9's IMO. As long as you're satisfied though.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
typically that 4.5" backspacing is only needed if you run 16 or 17" wheels, I think...

That's a decent little change from 20X10's down to 18X9's IMO. As long as you're satisfied though.
I was only going with the 20's because they were on clearance and it was a good price, but not what I really wanted. The 18" Monsters are what I really wanted in the first place but didnt want to spend the extra money but I said the hell with it and bought them so I dont regret not getting them to start with. And I went with the 18's because Im going to run 35's and I like the 35/18 look.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
I was only going with the 20's because they were on clearance and it was a good price, but not what I really wanted. The 18" Monsters are what I really wanted in the first place but didnt want to spend the extra money but I said the hell with it and bought them so I dont regret not getting them to start with. And I went with the 18's because Im going to run 35's and I like the 35/18 look.

yep, 35/18 is a good combo IMO, also good to hear it was your original aim anyway.

Kind of interesting, I've got a GM truck (02 Sierra) on 20's, and also an '01 Z06 too (but mine is completely stock for now)! Nice taste my friend. :biggun::head:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I'm running 35's on 18x9's and I'm satisfied with the look..I was looking at 20's but with 35's I just went with 18's so I'd have more sidewall..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts