GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
70chevy
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been building a 70 chevrolet for about a year and a half now and its bout time to order the wheels. Only problem i'm running into is finding the right backspacing to keep them from being too far outside the fenders. Looking to run a 20x10 on the rear and a 20x9.5 on the front. I've been told that these trucks will take a 0 to 15 offset. Any suggestions would really be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
You can ditch the idea of running a 9.5" rim on the front (assuming you want to drive it). Go with a 20x10 with 5.5" BS on the rear and a 20x8.5 with a 5.25" BS on the front.

·
70chevy
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright. thats what i was worried would happen with the front. thanks for the help. good lookin z.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks man, I've got a 72' Cheyenne that I'm rebuilding and I too thought I could run a wider rim on the front. Check out coyswheel.com they've got some nice looking rims and they're relatively inexpensive.

·
70chevy
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They got some good lookin ones. Thought about gettin some of those c-5 wheels for mine but decided to go with the am racing hopsters instead. Ended up havin to go with an 8in wide up front with a 4in backspacing and a 9.5in in the back with a 4.5in backspacing because they dont offer a 10 anymore. how far are you from finishin that one up?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've got the engine built and installed (383 stroker), a new Th350 tranny, and the rest of the drivetrain installed. I'm bagging it now. When that's done, I'll get the body work done and paint it. It will probably never be "finished" but that's the fun of it. I'll post some progress pics when I get some decent ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts