GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the motor swap i get this nasty clunk under my feet..i feel it over bumps, sometimes when i accelerate or decelerate etc..

i checked every bolt like 10 times..all bellhousing bolts are tight, trans xmember bolts are tight, motor mount bolts are tight, all suspension is tight, balljoints are fine, tie rods are fine, sway bar fine..im at a loss..its prolly nothing major, but it just bugs the shit outa me..any ideas would be great..thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
check your cats. They might be loose or the heat sheild needs to be re-welded. My F-150 does that but it not a problem cause im replacing the exhaust manifold to headers and getting high flow cats

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did it happen after the motor swap?
ya it started about a week after the motor swap thats what has me so confused..

all body mounts are tight, motor mounts tight, etc..ive been under the truck every other day trying to find something loose..

i feel it more on wavy roads then rough roads..the slow up and down makes it clunk like hell

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ive seriously been under the truck 10 different times, jacked it up, wobbled the wheels, bounced on the front end, tightened every bolt i can get a wrench on etc..its just driving me fuckin crazy..

on the interstate i didnt notice it once, its just at slower speeds on the shitty city roads

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,671 Posts
ive seriously been under the truck 10 different times, jacked it up, wobbled the wheels, bounced on the front end, tightened every bolt i can get a wrench on etc..its just driving me fuckin crazy..

on the interstate i didnt notice it once, its just at slower speeds on the shitty city roads
you'd be amazed at how bad worn bushings can cause things to clunk around

1 - 20 of 32 Posts