GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty sure this has happened to everyone, but you know how when you go over succesive bumps, or peel out. The rear of the truck feels as tho it lifts and get squirly. I know everyone does. Well now you know what im experiencing. This happens alot. Way more than it should. I can be just cruising at 60 on the fwy no lane changing nothing and the back feels squirly. It happens when im going slow as well. It can happen damn enear anytime, accelerating or not. It is driving me crazy. My shocks suck but they arent shot yet (I hope) and this never happened until very recently. My tires are wearing well and show no signs or a wobble or being out of round (as per discount tires say). Could shot spring cause this? Any ideas?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Sounds like dead/dying shocks to me.....

Cameron

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea they are the superlift ones, i know they are crap but i was really hopiing they werent bad already! (15k miles)!

·
[>
3,255 Posts
I would vote shocks.

Drop the tailgate and push down on it. If it springs back and stays its good, if it bounces.. Time for new shocks lol

SL shocks are not the best anyway so your ride will be better with differant ones anyway

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm no mechanichal genius by any means but I do drive a truck with busted up old gabriel air shocks in the back and it does the same, so I'm with these guys :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts