GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 98 k1500 z71 and I have noticed recently that the back end of the truck sags quite a bit and is noticeably lower than the front. I know its a z71, but it rides really rough and shakes the piss out of ya whenever you go over something like railroad tracks. Also, whenever I pull up on even really slight grades and park, one of the rear tires get stuffed really bad, this is just a slight slope, nothing steep. And even just sitting on the tailgate will lower the truck significantly. I imagine its the shocks, but want to make sure if its not the leaf springs?

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
I say springs.... not shocks as they provide no means to carry or hold weight only absorb bounce or shock hence the name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_absorber

Leaf springs "hold" the vehicle in the air. If a 180lbs can make the rear sag they need replacing. As well they are 14 yrs old and wear out over time. An add a leaf can be a suitable solution to restore some life in the short term.

·
Registered
530 Posts
springs. go to the junk yard get some 3/4 ton springs thats what I did and love them a little stiffer but over time if you use them you will break them in. It will raise the back a little but it only cost me 160 for the set.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Definitely springs.

·
Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,083 Posts
I've got a set from my truck with 20,000mi on them from when it was stock that ive been trying to sell. They are nbs but i think they still fit your model truck. I was thinkin $100 for the pair. Let me know bud.

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
OBS and NBS have different bushing sleeve and bolt sizes, just FYI.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
Which would be a good thing with a shackle flip. :crazy:

·
OEF/OIF USMC
476 Posts
If the OP doesn't snag them, what do you want for them shipped to 44130?

·
OEF/OIF USMC
476 Posts
we're about 7.5hrs away. kind of a long haul, but lmk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts