GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a bad squeek i can hear ridin in the cab over the swampers and pipes, its kinda sounds like its the mirrors cause when i grab one it stops alot of it, but i acutally think its just echoing off of them
its like a squeeky/poppy sound after i hit 25 mph
i know it aint a ujoint, and i jus greased up my tie-rods so that aint it either

im afraid to let the local shop look at it, cause theyll try and replace the front and rear end sayin it wont last another day...so i need some help

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Well does it match tire speed? Driveshaft speed? Those would help alot.

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
A while back my buddy had that problem and everyone on here reccomended checking the shocks....my buddies truck was the hood, just backed out those rubber stops a little and it went away...

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well does it match tire speed? Driveshaft speed? Those would help alot.
well its worse as i get faster
but i figured that wouldnt help narrow it down seein as my truck shakes alot at high speeds

might check the shocks 2morrow, and the hood
any more ideas?

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Ive got the same problem its gotten better for some reason though

but when Im hitting potholes and stuff its squeeking, I though it was my mirror but i think its the dash

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
probly is
my dash vibrates so bad since 2 of my TSLs are wore funny

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think it might be my lower left balljoint, that seems where the sound is comin from, hopefully not wheelbearings though
i know how to check the balljoints, but what about wheelbearings?

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
I think you just jack the truck up, place your hands at 12 and 6 on the wheel and rock it to see how worn and or loose the bearings area and listen for that squeek...

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gah, so many things

how did yall go about fixin the cab mount?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts