GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend at work has a 98 ecsb with a 4" Trailmaster lift and 33x12.50" BFG A/T.

He is noticing uneven/wavy inner tire edge wear. He took it back to the alignment shop...they say the alignment is very good. His shocks are obviously new because of the new kit...which now has about 2500 miles on it. Is this wear normal for this kit or does anyone have any suggestions? He rotated the tires about 1000 miles ago and it did the same thing to the tires after rotation. I'm not sure if more info is needed or not...

Pat

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Take it to another shop and see what they say...the same shop will most likely not claim if they do bad work...and it does sound like a toe/ camber issue...

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Also try pumping a bit more air into them, that way they ride on the center tread of the tire more. I was in perfect alignment and my BFG ATs did the same, I wasnt running at a high enough pressure.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Stephen, was it only ur inner tread wearin like that? Ive heard the same, and seen the same, low pressure wearin the outsides of the tire more than the center...but from what ive seen, it does it to both outside and inside...he says the prob is only inside...

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He dropped it off at Sam's Offroad today to have them check it out. He was running 32 PSI and will increase the pressure to 35 PSI when he gets it back to see if it helps the problem.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Mine was only the inside, I was running 32ish, I upped it to 37-38 and it stopped it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts