GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i had the pleasure of detailing this monster.
some stats:
custom built hull by eliminator boats
33ft long
hit 156mph last week at lake havasu, the boat had more in it but the owner ran out of balls.
2 1600hp custom built 560ci chevy engines
GPS speedometer
price: over 550k :insane:

4-25-06012.jpg

4-25-06014.jpg

4-25-06016.jpg

4-25-06015.jpg

4-25-06013.jpg

4-25-06009.jpg

4-25-06007.jpg

4-25-06008.jpg

4-25-06010.jpg

4-25-06011.jpg

4-25-06004.jpg

4-25-06005.jpg

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
How long does it take to do a job like that? Did you do it all by yourself? I hope he paid you well. Oh and how did you get that job? referals?

·
4,725 Posts
pure sex

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long does it take to do a job like that? Did you do it all by yourself? I hope he paid you well. Oh and how did you get that job? referals?
theres actually two of us. and the boat has only been out on the water once, so it just needed a good wash, and everything repolished. took about 4 hours with both of us doing it. this is one of my accounts so i will be cleaning it pretty regularly.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Very impressive! I hope you keep getting high end clients like that. it's always more fun to do the high end stuff than some camry. LOL

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
theres actually two of us. and the boat has only been out on the water once, so it just needed a good wash, and everything repolished. took about 4 hours with both of us doing it. this is one of my accounts so i will be cleaning it pretty regularly.
What does the owner do for a living? :pimp:

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's a good damn thing it wasn't an alluminum boat, my dad has this guy that gets his boat pollished once a year by my dad.. it is such a PITA... but it is good money$$$ That is a sweet boat!!! I would love to lay the hammer down on that thing.. :head:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What does the owner do for a living? :pimp:
if you couldnt tell by the massive logos on the side and all the custom emblems it is whipples boat. :crazy:

it is alot more fun to do nice stuff like this than your everyday washes.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
he couldnt even tow it with his old truck so he went out and bought a new one.
07 chevy cc 2500 d-max loaded!

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its nnbs. ill get some next week when im in there, thing is a beast!

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
if you couldnt tell by the massive logos on the side and all the custom emblems it is whipples boat. :crazy:
Surprised they let you touch it with that maggie under your hood :crazy:

Good shit man... thats a nice client to have.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Surprised they let you touch it with that maggie under your hood :crazy:

Good shit man... thats a nice client to have.
haha good story with that one.

i was just bsing with a couple of the guys in the back while i was working one day and he asked me if i was ever going to get a kit. we always are talking about how they need to make an intercooled kit for our trucks (which im told is in the works) and i showed him what ive got. he tells me i made the right decision :D
next week when i go in there the whole place knew about it and was giving me shit for it. i told them how it was.....as soon as the intercooled kit is ready there will be one on my truck. the big boss man still doesnt know, and hopefully it stays that way.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts