GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent about 6 hours on my knees in a cold garage pulling stuff off. In a big pile on the garage floor are 6 pieces of side moulding, and 4 badges. It was not a fun job, but WELL worth it While my fingers were recovering, I painted the tailgate cap, handle and bezel.

Next up are the mirrors. I'm going to color match those to the truck too.They don't look that bad to pull off. Two questions:

1. Anyone have any tips on pulling the mirrors off before I learn the hard way?

2. Those "LS" emblems on the doors. Are they like all the badges? I can get them off the same way? They look different. I'm worried I'll find a surprise underneath.

Bob

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
The LS badges are the same as the others. Its not bad to pull those off, and since u got the moldin off already, those won't take 5 mins...can't help out on the mirrors...but debadging and color matchin are 2 fairly cheap, easy touches that make a truck look soooooo clean.

·
Registered
15 Posts
to take the mirrors off all you got to do is pull that triangle shape piece of the of your door panel and there should be 3 bolts I think then just undo them bolts then if you got power mirror theres a plug connected to the mirror just unplug

then to take the LS badge off just try to get your finger nail under a corner then pull it isn't as hard as the the other badges I hope that helps you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MrRodIt said:
to take the mirrors off all you got to do is pull that triangle shape piece of the of your door panel and there should be 3 bolts I think then just undo them bolts then if you got power mirror theres a plug connected to the mirror just unplug
thanks..sounds too easy :LOL: I'm sure I'll break a clip on that triangle piece. No pictures yet, waiting to put everything back on. I still havn't seen it in daylight. I'm hoping the 5 yr old paint looks as good as it does in the garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts