GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm sliding this in here because they improve the appearance :)

Baer's Alumasport brake packages will improve your truck's looks and stopping ability. Each one includes 2 piece crossdrilled, slotted and zinc washed rotors (14"), red 2 piston PBR calipers along with all necessary hardware for the install. These fit all GM 1/2 ton GM trucks and SUVs.

Part numbers and pricing for the 1999+ NBS trucks is -

4301038 1999+ Front Baer Claw Alumasport Brake system $949.99
4302035 1999+ Rear Baer Claw Alumasport Brake system $949.99

We have discounts available for all of the Baer products. Just give us a call or e-mail for pricing!

·
Registered
142 Posts
tbyrne said:
Ok, I'm sliding this in here because they improve the appearance :)

Baer's Alumasport brake packages will improve your truck's looks and stopping ability. Each one includes 2 piece crossdrilled, slotted and zinc washed rotors (14"), red 2 piston PBR calipers along with all necessary hardware for the install. These fit all GM 1/2 ton GM trucks and SUVs.

Part numbers and pricing for the 1999+ NBS trucks is -

We have discounts available for all of the Baer products. Just give us a call or e-mail for pricing!
have you actually recieved these or are you taking orders?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
This is on my list of things to do this winter if i have the dough.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
40 sets have shipped so far so they are moving :) We still have some available from the batch that will be coming this way in about 10 days.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
93 R1 said:
I take it these will not work with the stock wheels..

i dont think they will. the rotors alone are 14" then you have to factor in the caliper on them too, so i dont think they'll fit with only a 16" wheel.

·
Registered
343 Posts
they need an 18" wheel. I think he also posted that these were somewhere around $450 for a set of 2

·
Registered
489 Posts
I could be wrong .... but I thought I read some where that crossdrilling the rotors ... causes stress cracks after a certain amount of time ... Right or wrong ?

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Depends on how they are done. If they are drilled after the rotor is made, then it can result in cracks. If the drill holes are part of the casting, then u generally dont see cracking.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey wheel guy I saw you guys on Overhauling the other night ..... nice set of rims :rocking: you guys had that Foose was talking about .

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
lol.. I really need some new brakes..

tbryne said:
So I'd need both front and back, correct..? :confused: :think:

·
Registered
489 Posts
yoskater said:
lol.. I really need some new brakes..

So I'd need both front and back, correct..? :confused: :think:
damn 2 grand :nono: and I was thinking of doing both front and bac on mine too

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
You dont HAVE to buy rears. Fronts are way more important.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
You can just get the 14" Eradistop rotors made by Baer, It comes with the same rotors and caliper brackets for the stock calipers. Much cheaper. They say it's a 17% improvement on the 14" Eradistops and a 20% improvement with the AlumaSports.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Eradispeeds by themselves are a good upgrade. Most people will good for the Alumasports for the added braking and looks.

I'm feeling no love for any of my trucks. Both of them run big wheels/tires and are used for towing but I can't find any brake upgrades like this before they are 3/4 tons :(

2002 8.1 Silverado HD - Full Throttle lift, 37" tires, 4.56 gears, Comp Cam, TOG headers, Volant induction plus more! Heads, cam and intake manifold upgrade coming soon!
2002 8.1 Suburban -Intercooled Whipple supercharger, 22" wheels/tires + more - 407hp/558 ft-lb torque at the rear wheels - 13.93 @ 95.79 MPH

www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
im getting way ahead of myself, but eventually i am going to lift my truck and i would like to upgrade to new brakes, but i dont want to have to have an 18" rim just so i can have them. i havent done much looking, but do they make those for the 3/4 tons?

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I ordered the Eradispeeds through TBYRNE. They are having trouble with the address on my CC and haven't done anything yet I dont think. I got a great price, but havn't seen any action yet on shipping information.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not sure what your name is to check on the address issue for you. We can only ship to the billing location for your card unless there is an alternate listed with the bank.

Tom

1 - 20 of 20 Posts