GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys sorry for all the questions but yall got all the answers. Ok Ive posted on here for the last week or two about air bag questions. I really need a shop to do it cuz im not that familar with airbag suspension, not enought to do it on my own. Ive found a shop not to far from where i live infamus air suspension maybe yall have heard of them, www.nfamusairsuspension.com
i visted their shop and it looks pretty reputable, the owner seems to know what he's talking about, his dodge is pretty clean. He takes a look a under the hood to see whats up nothing major to lay out on 22's so thats taking care of. Then the rear he asked me what i wanna do, and i said prolly a 4 link cuz its the most common and i hear the best things about it from on here. He says well if you a 4 link you gotta relocate the tank, and I DONT WANNA DO THAT. So he says well we can do a 2 link or a 3 link and and the tank stays in the stock location and we raise it. Can he not make me a 4 link or 6 link that retains my gas tank or what gimme some insight. Its been the weekend so i havent talked to him about not wanting a 2 link, so tell me whats up guys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if he made me a custom 4 link for my truck i can keep my tank in stock location, that dont make any since why he would want me to put a 2 or 3 link on ther if i could have a 4

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
He probably wants to do a triangulated 4-link which would require relocating your gas tank.

There are bolt on options available for a parallel 4-link or you can have one welded on. If he doesn't want to go that route, find a different shop if you really want to keep your gas tank where it is.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
some of these pics are nbs but you get the idea they are not that much different when it comes to rear setups

this is triangulaterd setup that requires gas tank relocating
truckrear.jpg

2108468_19_full.jpg

4linkin.jpg

this is a wishbone setup that can KEEP the stock tank
pewter15.jpg

182006105136PM95641.jpg

182006105006PM21121.jpg

182006105234PM5891.jpg

182006105309PM29461.jpg

this is a parallel four link that KEEPS the stock tank locatoin
pics005largehz2.jpg

SEE FOUR LINK STOCK TANK. now you will always want to raise the tank. maybe thats what he means.
pics007largeny2.jpg

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
if you look at the members ride section they are famous it seems like for doing triangulated four links with bags on the upper bars which also make for big giant holes in your bed. i would stick witha four link and bags over axle or a forward facing wishbone with bags on lower bars or over the axle.

bags on lower bars for wishbones and trian fou links will get more lift then over the axle bag setup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts