GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like what Nick(GMracer) did with his front bagged setup. I've been thinking about the same thing for a while now but now someone has finally done it. Right now my suspension consists of 2" hangers in the rear and that's it. Can I bag the front with stock control arms or will I need different ones? The whole setup would consist of bags up front and a 6" flip kit in the rear. What advice can you guys offer on the bags up front?

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
you can run stock arms, i assume your 2wd... just run stock arms and cups and bags, and then slap a flipkit and even a 2" shackle and roll around that way. plenty of people do it all the time.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I thought about this same setup with a set of 20" wheels/tires. You could run the shockwaves or like gmracer said and run the cups/bags.

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
i was thinking about the 6" flip and baggin the front of mine...but i need to sell my 22s :(

p.s. ur truck would look bad ass slammed, i love those stepsides

·
Registered
930 Posts
You can run either stock arms or drop arms with a bag setup. I ran my truck bagged in the front and just a 6" drop out back for a while. If you are looking for performance I would go with the shockwaves, but you can go the traditional way and put some good shocks on it.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help guys. If I wanted to go the "DIY" or "cheap" route I could just get bags, a compressor and a tank and run the lines then? What stuff would you guys recommend me get? I want it to be the same size as a 4/6 or possibly a little lower. Not too low though because it will be performance based

·
Registered
930 Posts
thanks for the help guys. If I wanted to go the "DIY" or "cheap" route I could just get bags, a compressor and a tank and run the lines then? What stuff would you guys recommend me get? I want it to be the same size as a 4/6 or possibly a little lower. Not too low though because it will be performance based
kp cups with Slam bags up front and a shock, shock relocating tab, valves and check valves( i think 3/8 would be fine for you, even 1/4 would work). I like the tank that mounts between the frame rails. viair compressors are good, something like the viair 400 will work. Also the little stuff like fittings, guages, and airline. Are you going to get new tires for the front?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kp cups with Slam bags up front and a shock, shock relocating tab, valves and check valves( i think 3/8 would be fine for you, even 1/4 would work). I like the tank that mounts between the frame rails. viair compressors are good, something like the viair 400 will work. Also the little stuff like fittings, guages, and airline. Are you going to get new tires for the front?
not right now why? I have my stockers on right now, the wheels in my sig are sold

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also this probably wont be happening for a few months unless I get a fat raise. I will probably slowly collect parts and hopefully it will be done by the end of the year. I just want to know what parts to start collecting and what I'm in for $$$ wise

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I forgot your going performance here, so it doesnt matter. I did my front for like $1400 but I bought new control arms, so if you go with your LCA it would be about $600
sounds good then, I figured it would be nice to do everything for $1000

1 - 12 of 12 Posts